PDA

View Full Version : Sears Repairs

Gunner
03-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Well after some 100+ hours it sounds like I smoked the bearings on the Z-truck assembley. Now got to package it up and take it over to Sears. Anybody know what the turn-around time was on thier machine?

hotpop
03-03-2008, 08:30 AM
It's my understanding that Sears sends the units to LHR for repair. When I send my unit to LHR it usually take 5 or 6 days in shipping time to get there. My guess is you will be looking at three weeks until you get it back.

When you do get it back let us know the round trip time.

Gunner
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH,
3 Weeks,? I can't wait that long for my fix.
I'll need to do some designer work, just to play.
No sawdust! No hearing the sound of the machine carving! No watching Centerline when it does it's off the wall thing when it carves my writing even when I spell it wrong. Dammit!

Semper Fi
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Gunner, I think you are the first to use the Sears agreement. Let us know what your experience turns out to be. I'm assuming you are talking about their maintenance agreement.

Dan-Woodman
03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Don't ya hate that when thous computers spell words wrong.
later Daniel

AskBud
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I think that is the reason they put to Icon for "Spell Check" at the top-right of the posting screen.
AskBud

Gunner
03-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh , Thanks Bud . I did not know that. LOL

forqnc
03-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Gunner, I think you are the first to use the Sears agreement. Let us know what your experience turns out to be. I'm assuming you are talking about their maintenance agreement.

Gunner I second this motion, please do give us an update on how Sears Handled it.

hotpop
03-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Danial,

Guess you just have to invest in Voice Recognition:p software.

Gunner
03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Ya I'll let everyone know. Just hope it doesn't take too long

gsrice
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey

After taking my machine to the Sears repair, and having them tell me they could honor the ext. warn., nor would they fix it -- I returned with the actual paper work, and manual -- they still refused -- and said Sears would not honor contract --

At which point I pulled out the manual and called the number where I purchased it from, they talked to the Mgr. -- he made three or four more calls -- complained about what it would cost him to ship it to Texas and finally took it --

All this after spending $300+ and 3 hours --

We'll see what happens

SandBuoy
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey Gunner,

I am picking my new machine up tomorrow morning at Sears. I asked my wife and she I can have a freind over for a stay over to play with my new machine and show me the ins and outs. You get really bored and miss your to much, fly on out.

And I third that motion on letting us know how the extended warranty goes. I just shelled out some serious cash for the 5 year plan. And actually, I hope they make out like bandits and I never have to use it.

sweliver
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm sweliver@mchsi.com

With the extended warranty I need to have a plan.

sw