PDA

View Full Version : Scan Probe Serial (again)

J_Man
03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Apparently things are different with the updated program. There is no "Enter Upgrade Code" under help. I did go to the website and entered the code there, but nothing happened. I didn't get a new code to enter or anything. Is there now a different way to enter the number that hasn't been addressed yet?

J_Man
03-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Well I went ahead and figured I'd try some stuff. I own the machine and software, so if I screwed up my registration I could just call and having it fixed. Well there is a new way to register the serial.

I went to the website and entered the number from the back of the CD. Once I did that it gave me the option to "add license". I had to give my password and click a box that was now in the pattern editor field. Once I did this I had to open the software and select "Manage License" under Help. From there I clicked update license which finally unlocked the rest of the program.

Lots of stuff to do. It sounds like it used to be easier. This was a little bit of a pain, but at least I figured it out. Now others can stumble on this and be able to figure it out.... unless it changes again how you register.