PDA

View Full Version : Is this possiable?

Viper5243
03-02-2008, 04:44 AM
i am looking to buy one of these machines. One of the main reasons is i want to be able to produce pistols grips. Would this machine be able to do a quality copy of these grips? Notice the detailed checkering.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/viper5243/pix1010220984.jpg

ChrisAlb
03-02-2008, 05:06 AM
i am looking to buy one of these machines. One of the main reasons is i want to be able to produce pistols grips. Would this machine be able to do a quality copy of these grips? Notice the detailed checkering.

Hi Viper and welcome to the forum!

You bet! Make sure you get the scanning probe and I'm sure you'll be amazed at it's capability. I've scanned smaller, more detailed things many times and I'm always surprised at the results. You'll want to mount the grips (or anything) to a board or sled and use "best" mode when scanning. I'm sure it will produce copies worthy of the originals.

When looking for answers be sure to use the search feature of the forum. About anything you can think of, or will face once you have one, has been asked and answered many times. Of course, if you can't find it, always feel free to ask. The forum is FULL of both knowledgeable and helpful folks.