PDA

View Full Version : First cut

J_Man
03-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I finally got to sit down and really figureout what I was doing today. I got the machine Thursday night but was unable to do anything due to work. My first design was one of the cross patterns that's on the program. I made the depth way too deep for the design actually and it didn't look so goo. Also I told the machine to "stay under the rollers" thinking I might mess up if I don't. Doing that resulted in a postage stamp for size.

My second cut, I did the same thing. I told it to stay under the roller and it shrunk again, so the next try I told it not to stay under the rollers. When I did that, I got the size I set it up to be. For that design I used the "Last Supper" that's in the free pattern thread (thanks). Though it's not extremely detailed, it came out looking great. For my 3rd over all design, it's actually nice.

Now I need to learn about making my own patterns so I can really get going with this machine. Is there a site somewhere that give a nice description about how to do this? I'll be uploading several patterns once I actually learn how to make them!