PDA

View Full Version : My best yet

RayTrek
03-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Koma ta kiora All

Tought I would share these with you, the cherry and africian zibra are not finished yet. will post the finish later. the cherry is going on a upper cabinet in the kitchen next to the window above the sink cannot wait to finish this kitchen just so many things going on.

hope you enjoy as much as I do seeing projects develop Cheers!

LittleRedWoodshop
03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Those are very nicely done, patterns look great.

You should be very proud of those, one question (did the zebra wood end up kinda hairy, curious)

TIMCOSBY
03-02-2008, 02:48 AM
really like the designs. in regaurds to the one in the first pic i like to put a carve region around it to get rid of the irregular feather. try one that way i think you'll like it. also you could put the carve region over the entire boaurd as to carve away every thing and trim the part that had to remain high for the rollers.

RayTrek
03-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi Jason

I was surprised that the zebrawood did not get too hairy as fiber as the wood is.
The pic is right out of the machine with some brace wire brushing.

Gi day Tim

thanks for the tips I would not be where I am today with carving with out them.

Ray

hotpop
03-02-2008, 09:52 AM
The panels are beautiful. Did you do your own artwork?

RayTrek
03-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Hello HotPop

I am haveing a hard time Knowing what is mine and what is copy.

All the patterns are scanned except for the deer that was from a pic of one here on the forum. The trees boarder is a chain saw carving I did a few years ago. 8 scans in all
and arranged in photo shop and designer 1.126

All art has been done before my time I just give my twist to it and hope it looks good.

thanks Ray