PDA

View Full Version : Finally

sweliver
02-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Something presentable to all of you who've inspired and offered up all of your ptn's and mpc's.

I'll post a pic of the final carve in a couple days. I have to work and get ready for a beer tasting competition. I have 3 - 5 gallon batches of homebrew I'm putting out for sampling at a city wide event. Brewing has been my main endeavor until I got the CW.

sw

fyrpuppy
02-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Very nice, have you cut it yet?

pkunk
02-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Please read the posts......" I'll post a pic of the final carve in a couple days.":confused:

sweliver
02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Very nice, have you cut it yet?

Just finished an hour carve. Not satisfied yet. The ladder and hydrant are my own ptn's. The vertical lines in the hydrant are too narrow leading to rough edges. The ladder needs a little tweaking. Maybe a little more depth around the letters/words.

So, back to photoshop.

Otherwise I'm pleased. I can see a layer of gold leaf on the outline and clear finish on the rest.

My last few test patterns have been on bertch verneer on mdf. I think the mdf is too weak for the fine detail compared to a more stout verneer.

Happy carving,

Steve

murph
03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Have you checked out the FD patterns in vectorart3D page 4 int the CW pattern depot? I have purchased some and they carve great. Good luck..keep carving (Local 2622 JBFD Capt. RET)

sweliver
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Have you checked out the FD patterns in vectorart3D page 4 int the CW pattern depot? I have purchased some and they carve great. Good luck..keep carving (Local 2622 JBFD Capt. RET)

You beat me to it...less than 3 years to retirement...but I don't want to wish my life away.

I'v only experimented with the free artwork for the cross and trying to incorporate our local art for each arm of the cross. I've got a few ideas for the center.

Stay safe,

Steve Weliver
Capt., Aerial 311
Waterloo, IA