PDA

View Full Version : Fixed board Sensor. Thanks

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Want to say thanks to Jeff and Amanda for explaining the how to on taking the board sensor out and cleaning it without causeing other problems trying to do so. Thanks to you two and everyone else that provided me with information. I was going to take some pictures and post to help out others but the camera wasnt charged and it was a fairly simple process. The sensor lens was clogged with dust. I just made a quick fix and hope to pull it and seal it maybe tommorow. I was anxious to try out the solid surfaced formica i had been talking about on here. And after fixing the sensor all was well in carve land once again and i zipped out to formica test pieces with excellent results. As soon as the battery is charged i will post them to gallery later tonight. So thanks again, i would of had no idea it was that simple to fix and it saved me alot of time and headache doing it myself instead of thinking i had to contact LHR or Sears and playing the waiting game.

Digitalwoodshop
02-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I would buy one and pay the core charge just to have it on hand. When it breaks, and it will you call in a warranty repair and they send you one. In the mean time you put in your spare and are back up and running without the delay.... Eventually it will be out of warranty and you will end up buying one in a year anyway. You just get to finish that project the same day vice waiting 5 days.

Just my 2 Cents...

I hear the new ones are sealed with something?

AL

ND-Hound
04-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I have 3hrs 36min on the machine - today the board sensor says about 95 with wood in it and 111 with white paper. Numbers drop when raising the crank. I removed the screws and it looks clean, blew it out anyway. Is there a trick to pulling the plug to take a closer look? I didn't want to force anything and risk breaking something. The clear plastic looks to be clean and glued on.

ND-Hound
04-13-2008, 12:33 PM
I jumped in and was able to unplug the sensor which appears to have the bottom part sealed. Looking ever so close it looked like a little dust in it. Nothing to lose so I hit it with a blast of air and now the numbers go up to 146 but no dice - still refuses to measure the board and says check sensor.

Jeff_Birt
04-13-2008, 01:36 PM
numbers go up to 146 but no dice

With the board in and the head cranked down? How thick is the wood you are using, what color is it. What is your down pressure?

ND-Hound
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Pine - about 17x10 -3/4 thick - Haven't measured down pressure. The first two projects went fine, yesterday I cut slot in bench and made down draft table and put in a chip blower. Today went to try a project and repeatedly get check board sensor - tried it again about an hour ago and the sensor reads at 111 with a white sheet of paper on laying on the board. Removed sensor a couple of times and it appears clean (with either of both pairs of glasses :) )

oldjoe
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Probably too late on this but have you tried option 7 measure board. I know that has worked for me. Like I have said before board sensors are fickle. The one in the machine right now is working again with no problems. Was down to 50 on readings now back up to 140 haven't touched a thing. Yes there is probably a loose connection somewhere but for now I will keep running it till it quits again. I have a new back up sitting on the shelf just in case.

ND-Hound
04-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Yessir, tried that too. Is it quicker to email or call the folks in TX?

ND-Hound
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
(I'm going to change my user name to FNG pretty quick)

The chip blower tube I made yesterday, was hitting on the top of the opening of the machine preventing it from getting all the way to the end. I had checked it but neglected to check it with the bit-truck at different heights. Bending the tube fixed the problem. (I really feel like an FNG here now!)

oldjoe
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
We all make dumb mistakes we have to how else would we learn, And another thing is you posted the problem and the cure so now others can learn from that as well. Life can be a cruel teacher sometimes
Good luck and thanks again for posting

andes
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
twinpeaksenterprises

Did you ever post instructions on how to do this? I need to remove the sensor and try to clean it.

Andes