PDA

View Full Version : Does Phone Support end with Warranty period?

Semper Fi
02-29-2008, 08:20 AM
I've searched for this information, but not found anything. My machine has recently gone out of warranty. As I have posted elseware, I have bought the Sears Master Maintenance Plan and have yet to use it. However, past experience has convinced me that 99% of the problems are fixable via phone support with LHR. Does anyone know if they will be accepting calls for support from customers with machines that are no longer covered by the warranty? If so, will it be a billable call or free? I think a lot of customers are going to be in this situation soon............. sorta like the 'Baby Boomers" and SS. :)

Jeff_Birt
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I have not heard of them charging anyone for telephone support.

Kenm810
02-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Ernie,

My machine went out of warranty around the first of the year.
And I have called and talked to the Techs at LHR several times since then.
With no mention of charges, plus they were polite and helpful as always.

By the way I was asked to pass on a Greeting from our freind
The Bard

(Hey bro,

As long as I'm wanted, I'll stop by hehe.

Tell everyone I said Hi!

Semper Fi
02-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks, Ken and Jeff. That's reassuring. I know the Sears agreement will add another layer to getting service on my machine and increase the time it'll be away if it has to go back down to Texas (if that's how it'll happen). I've only had to send it back once in the year I've had it and between the forum and phone support I've pretty much kept it alive. I just bought the Sears agreement to protect me from major parts and service expense.

Nice to hear from the Bard again! He was the capitol "S" in thier support!

nirmala
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
We understand that numerous warranties will be expiring within the first half of this year however support for your machine does not end when your warranty ends. Hardware and software phone support are still available at no cost to the customer.

[ADMIN EDIT]
This post is no longer accurate and is being modified to reflect. For the most up to date warranty information click the following link http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/cwwarranty.htm

Kenm810
02-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Nirmala
Carvewright Team

Thanks so much for the confirmation that Hardware and Software Phone Support
will still be available at no cost to the customer, after the warranty period.
It really means a lot to many of us folks. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif