PDA

View Full Version : MPC to PTN

cliffn
02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to save an mpc or a portion of an mpc back to a ptn format? I have created some items that are multi layered (more than one ptn) and would like to have them available as a unit. This would allow them to be resized in other designs without repositioning every pattern everytime it is used in multiple places on the same design. It seems like this should be a basic feature in Designer, but I can't find anything.

ChrisAlb
02-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Is there a way to save an mpc or a portion of an mpc back to a ptn format? I have created some items that are multi layered (more than one ptn) and would like to have them available as a unit. This would allow them to be resized in other designs without repositioning every pattern everytime it is used in multiple places on the same design. It seems like this should be a basic feature in Designer, but I can't find anything.

Nope, you can't do that but what you CAN do is group them together. That way, you can copy and paste them as you like around your project.

What I do is create a LARGE "design board" file. (I have many). Say 14" x 36" or so. I use it for...yep...designing. When you get designs you like, group them and move off to the side and save the file. Then, with that file open, open another new file and just copy from the design board to the new board.

The "groups" also allow you to grab a corner and resize ALL the elements the way you like with changing the proportions.

Works very well.

Chris

cliffn
02-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Thank You for the quick reply. I'll use your suggestion. It should help immensly.

ChrisAlb
02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Thank You for the quick reply. I'll use your suggestion. It should help immensly.

Go Cliff Go!

Be sure to post some of your work as well. We just LOVE pictures.