PDA

View Full Version : Question about software licensing

carvingoutaniche
02-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi y'all,

I'm just curious if the software comes with an indefinite license. Do you need to renew it after a certain period of time in order to receive updates? Any information on this will be much 'preciated. Thanks.

ChrisAlb
02-27-2008, 08:44 PM
it's good for life

carvingoutaniche
02-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Sounds great! Thanks, Chris. :cool:

kwyjibo67
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Found this in the FAQ:

" For what period of time will online updates be provided as part of the purchase price?
Online updates to the base software and software support are provided free of charge for one year. Typically, updates include bug fixes and small feature improvements."

I recently passed the 1 year mark after the release of 1.126. I wonder what the cost of an upgrade will be once you've owned the machine for over a year? Has anybody run into this yet?

pkunk
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Found this in the FAQ:

" For what period of time will online updates be provided as part of the purchase price?
Online updates to the base software and software support are provided free of charge for one year. Typically, updates include bug fixes and small feature improvements."

I recently passed the 1 year mark after the release of 1.126. I wonder what the cost of an upgrade will be once you've owned the machine for over a year? Has anybody run into this yet?
I wouldn't worry about it. I think they're just covering their bases. Hasn't been a charge in 2 years.