PDA

View Full Version : New User

George Keefe
02-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Just purchased my new CarveWright from Machinery Dist. Got the package, with everything including rotor bits, scanning probe, etc.. It will arrive in about 5 days. I down loaded trial software to practice and learn. Any recommendations for a new user, so I do not damage my machine, etc. Most users that do not like the product probably start using before they gain some knowlege on use and care.

Gunner
02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Go to CarveWright TIPS&TRICKS-JANUARY 2008 From Jeff Birt just to start. Welcome to the Forum. Happy Carving.Make lots of designer firewood. And have fun.

pkunk
02-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Just purchased my new CarveWright from Machinery Dist. Got the package, with everything including rotor bits, scanning probe, etc..
Who is this that you purchased from? I am under the impression that only LHR & & Woodcraft(Carvewright), Sears(Compucarve) were selling it. Can you tell us who you bought from?

Reset
02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Machinery Distributors

They've been selling them since the fall of '07, maybe even earlier :)

http://machinerydistributors.com/

Tommy

John
02-27-2008, 05:54 PM
A quick Google search shows there are a bunch of retailers selling this now, including Amazon. If Machinery Dist. does not have a 90 day return policy like Sears, I would cancel the order in a heartbeat, and buy from Sears. I don't work for Sears, don't like to shop at Sears, but would not buy a CW/CC from anyone but Sears as long as they have the 90 day policy. Just my $.02

HighTechOkie
02-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I would guess its these guys.

http://machinerydistributors.com/carvewright.htm

Rob

TIMCOSBY
02-27-2008, 09:22 PM
help file in designer will help greatly. it will tell you each command and what it does. its the commandf on the top bar that says help.

George Keefe
02-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Who is this that you purchased from? I am under the impression that only LHR & & Woodcraft(Carvewright), Sears(Compucarve) were selling it. Can you tell us who you bought from?
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Machinery Distributors is authorized Carvewright dealer (I checked with CarveWright). The warranty and support is directly thru the manufacturer of the machine. So I believe I am ok.
Any other recommendations when I unpack the unit? Such as any lubrication, etc.

www.go3d.us
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi, congratulation on your new purchased.
I would recommend checking the flex shaft for lubing. When you install the carve bit making sure it snap in securely. Get to know the the software and how it work. Play with the height and depth, size, of the pattern and bit optimization. Test carve a small project first, on a nice piece of wood. If you refer to stand there and watch the machine doing the work then I suggest get some ear plugs first. :)

HT