PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

ChrisAlb
02-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Chris,
First of all thanks! Using Corel X4. I just cannot get the gradients to change, much less the internal beveling and such.

Hey Flyingemt,

First off, I'm going to post this in the open forum for three reasons.

1) I can't attach "screen shots" to help you see what I'm about to explain in a PM

2) It may be helpful information to others.

3) If I don't get back to you right away, someone else probably will.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. If I understand you correctly, by "gradients" you mean converting to gray scale?

If so, When you have a color image open, simply click the "Image" menu and down toward the bottom you'll see "Grayscale", Just click on it and your image will now be in gray. The color palate for all your tools should now display just the 255 gray "gradients" from black to white.

If this isn't what you meant just let me know.

And I'm honestly not sure what you mean by internal beveling? But, if by that you mean the shades going from light to dark or visa versa within a region, Then that falls into using the "gradients" option (perhaps this is what you were asking above). If you hold your cursor over the "materials" pallet, When it opens and you get the little eye dropper (color picker) click on the "foreground" color block and a dialog box (material properties)opens. On the top of that dialog you'll see 3 tabs...Color, Gradient and Pattern. Click the Gradient tab and you'll see all the gradient options. There are many presets to choose from AND, you can modify them or create your own. Once you find or make one you like simply click OK and that gradient will now be what your tools will paint.

If I've misunderstood, don't hesitate to let me know. Just reply here in the open forum.

Chris