PDA

View Full Version : Clear Board Sensor.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I keep getting the clear board sensor error. It would not accept a piece of walnut without clear board sensor error. I tried it about 10 times, cleaned the sensor. Tried some corian, clear board sensor! Tried some hickory and it worked perfectly. Is this something that is significant or is the sensor shot? Its a fairly new machine. Any suggestions on what could be tried to corect this error or exzactly what the error means. Thanks.

Jeff_Birt
02-26-2008, 07:58 PM
It an optical sensor. It will have problems with dark wood. A few pieces of masking tape where it measure the board will let it see the board.

AskBud
02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
I just opened the box and set my machine up.
I designed a small project and put it on the card. It is pine, so I just went with the default (light) color. I got the BS Error and checked the machine for any blockage and found none.

I went back to the PC and altered the Board Setting to show the Walnut stain that was on the board and reloaded the card. Needless to say, the machine went right to work (now that it could "see" the board well.
AskBud

Jeff_Birt
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Well this is the third blinking time I have tried to respond to this thread. My blinking touch pad keeps doing a back screen for no apparent reason, rackum frackum sakum (Yosemite Sam cursing)

Look here: C:\Program Files\CarveWright\woods1, the woods/stains are just JPGs that change the display in Designer and have nothing to do with the board sensor on the machine.

Your new machine was just a bit stiff and need a few cranks up/down to get loosened up.

pkunk
02-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Your new machine was just a bit stiff and need a few cranks up/down to get loosened up.
As do I almost every morning! :p:p:p:p

Digitalwoodshop
02-27-2008, 10:48 PM
And hear I thought the Engineers added something in the latest update of the program.... A color of the board in designer to the sensitivity of the board detector.... But NO......

AL

02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks Al and Jeff, As i thought the designer board colors has norhing to do with the board sensor..right? The designer wood color is just to provide an example to what the carving will look like right? K thanks for the info...

TIMCOSBY
02-27-2008, 11:51 PM
you got it. just some fluff in the software.

02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Well now my machine is down for who knows how long this time. I cant do anything without clear board sensor before it was occasional. Now it wont stop. Clear board sensor. But the sensor looks clear from what i see. Guess its time to replace the sensor i guess.

Jeff_Birt
02-28-2008, 02:37 PM
have you taken the sensor out and cleaned it? It only take about five minutes. Also, it is worth checking your down pressure as if it is too high or low it will throw off your readings as well. And, remember that dark boards will cause a problem.

amanda0101
02-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Not only take out the sensor and clean it but take a blade and take off the top where that little clear piece is. Try cleaning that (the clear piece), by itself with a cotton ball and a tiny bit of windex and getting the dust off the bulbs. Also if that doesn't work remove the clear piece all together and create one of your own out of hard plastic (like from a toy or battery package). Just cut them down to size so that they fit in there pretty snug. I have a whole little collection as mine always seem to get scratched pretty quickly. I have had several instances where even cleaning it wouldn't do anything but changing out the plastic always has worked for me. Good luck!

Edit: Sorry for my lack of technical terminology! :o

02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Jeff, No sir i havnt tried taking it out and cleaning it yet. Kinda skeptical about doing so. Can you point me in the right direction to getting it out of there. Is there a pdf or diagram somewhere.. Thanks again for all the help everybody.

hotpop
02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
When cleaning the little sensor window. Rub it well with a static release product. Like "Bounce" used in a laundry dryer or anti-static spray used to clean computer screens. Spray a tissue then wipe the window.

I honestly don't know if it will help to keep dust from collecting on the window but it won't hurt.

pkunk
02-28-2008, 09:31 PM
When cleaning the little sensor window. Rub it well with a static release product. Like "Bounce" used in a laundry dryer or anti-static spray used to clean computer screens. Spray a tissue then wipe the window.

I honestly don't know if it will help to keep dust from collecting on the window but it won't hurt.
It does!:p

Jeff_Birt
02-28-2008, 10:45 PM
twinpeaks, it is really easy to take out the board sensor. Cover the slot between the traction belts with a rag. Remove the two phillips screws with a stubby screwdriver. Pull the sensor down carefully and unplug it.

I think if you do a bit of searching you might even find some pictures.

02-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey thanks alot Jeff i didnt know it would be that easy. Another member also sent me a message explaining the same thing. I just try to be on the safe side when operating on the machine. It can sometimes be a delicate process. Thanks i should be up pand running in the morning.