PDA

View Full Version : concave oval region

myshop1044
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I want to make oval region .5" deep with a concave surface, How do you do this? Any help would be great.

Old Salt
02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Draw your Oval - select carve region set depth .5 select serfice - select double down . this should get you close.

Dan-Woodman
02-25-2008, 06:16 PM
select oval and make the size you want,select --carve region--icon that looks like a piece of wood with the center hollowed out,create depth,over to the right in depth box. 0.250 is default. Then select the icon right next to carve region,--select surface-- there will be 2 chices but right above is a little box to click on which gives more choices. You can pick domes, right, left middle etc, and then choose icon --invert --to make it concave.
I just did an oval about 8x 10 with all this, but it wasn't enough of a concave . There was only about a 1/16" difference from the middle to the edge of the oval.

I'm sure someone else knows a hole lot more than I do about this , but thats what Icame up with for now.
later Daniel

www.go3d.us
02-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Or you can go to my site and download the free dish pattern. :)
HT

myshop1044
02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks very much gentlemens, all responces three worked very well.
3D the freebee did the job thanks again. This will be going on a sample of rasie panel door samples for the local lumber yard.
I will post some pics later when I finish ,along with the drawer fronts to go with the door samples.

One thing I have found out with this kind of products is
"carve it and they will come"

mtylerfl
02-26-2008, 01:33 PM
select oval and make the size you want,select --carve region--icon that looks like a piece of wood with the center hollowed out,create depth,over to the right in depth box. 0.250 is default. Then select the icon right next to carve region,--select surface-- there will be 2 chices but right above is a little box to click on which gives more choices. You can pick domes, right, left middle etc, and then choose icon --invert --to make it concave.
I just did an oval about 8x 10 with all this, but it wasn't enough of a concave . There was only about a 1/16" difference from the middle to the edge of the oval.

I'm sure someone else knows a hole lot more than I do about this , but thats what Icame up with for now.
later Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Don't neglect the "Height" setting. You can adjust the concave/convex surface "intensity" amount just by typing in new values from 0 to 999.

Dan-Woodman
02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks Michael I'll try that.
later Daniel