PDA

View Full Version : Right Time to Buy??

peter_l
02-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was looking into buying a CW machine about 6 months ago. However I held off due to what appeared to be a large number of issues with the machine.

In reading some of the recent posts, it appears that most of the issues have been fixed.

I am looking to use the machine for personal projects, and perhaps sell a few, but I am not looking to make a living from the machine. Maybe pay for some wood if I am lucky.

From you, the actual users, would the last statement be fairly accurate?

Lastly, what is about the best deal out there right now? Sears has the machine on sale for $1,799 plus the CC discount ($261) comes to around $1,540 plus tax.

Thanks for the input and expert advice, I appreciate it.

Pete

The "DH"
02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Pete,
You are right on the money!!!LOL... Carftsman Club has been the best deal I have found.

Best of luck and happy carving!!

www.go3d.us
02-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes it is. Go for it!
HT

peter_l
02-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Ok, ready to pull the trigger, BUT I remembering seeing a TV Commercial from SEARS advertising 12 months no interest/no payments.

I cannot find a link or that offer on the web.

Does anyone have the link for the offer?

It is $1560 with CC and if I can get 12 months too, it is a done deal.

Thanks

Pete

AskBud
02-26-2008, 11:15 AM
No need to find an ad.

If you are a Craftsman Member, you get it for $1538.99 until the end of February '08. I just insisted that since I was spending that much money, on their credit card, I wanted the 12 months just like they do on washers, stoves, etc.

You may have to have them check with the boss, or call Finance, but stand your ground and you'll get the deal.
Bud