PDA

View Full Version : freedom rings

MShurr
02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
HI, the freedom rings On the carvebuddy home page, how do i merg one cut path to just go around the frame, the top edge of the flag, and the wing tips, with out putting a cut path around the flag and bird. Thanks mike s.

mtylerfl
02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
HI, the freedom rings On the carvebuddy home page, how do i merg one cut path to just go around the frame, the top edge of the flag, and the wing tips, with out putting a cut path around the flag and bird. Thanks mike s.

Hello,

All the design elements you want an automatically generated "outer perimeter" outline for, must be patterns (including the outermost rectangle area).

You select the appropriate patterns that represent the outer perimeter, then select the Outline Tool, then make the outline a cut path.

Using the Freedom Reigns plaque as an example, if the rectangles are drawn in Designer (using the rectangle tool), the technique will NOT work. Again, the outer rectangle must be a pattern just like the Eagle and Flag are on the Freedom Reigns plaque.

I used that technique on my Kitchen plaque, with the oval being a pattern (NOT drawn in Designer).

Digitalwoodshop
02-26-2008, 09:33 PM
I am a little behind the software side being a hardware guy but.... Are the oval and rectangular patterns available anywhere? Or is that something we could just make ourselves?

I really like the Kitchen Plaque !!!!!!

Thanks,

AL

mtylerfl
02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I am a little behind the software side being a hardware guy but.... Are the oval and rectangular patterns available anywhere? Or is that something we could just make ourselves?

I really like the Kitchen Plaque !!!!!!

Thanks,

AL

Hi AL,

You could make very simple shapes (circles, ovals, rectangles, whatever) in any paint program. Just draw the shape, fill with a shade of grey, or black or white, or a grey-gradient (depends on what depth and /or contour you're after), save as a PNG, import/convert to a pattern.