PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in loop asked to load bit

Woodlegend
02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I have not been able to get past the load bit command. I load the bit and the machine goes to homing and goes back to laod bit. I have reloaded the project and rebooted and have the same problem.
What do I need to do?

DocWheeler
02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Woodlegend,

Welcome, this is a common problem where it can not find the bit blate.
Do a search. I stuck a balled-up wad of painter's tape behind it to keep it out.

Woodlegend
02-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Is it the plate on the opposite side of the of the sensor? Where to you stick the tape on the plate side that touches the bit?

DocWheeler
02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
With the power off, push the Y/Z trucks to the back and watch the bit plate swing out. If it is giving you trouble, like it sounds like it is, put a wad of tape or foam to hold it out where the bit will touch the flat part of it.

Quite a bit has been posted about this.

Woodlegend
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks I was able to get the plate to touch and then I got a 246 axis error.
What is the cause of this error?

DocWheeler
02-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Woodlegend,

You have to put double-quotes around that kind of Search, like "246 error".
Usually means that the Z motor is not getting juice I think. The ribbon cable got jarred loose from shipping most likely. Call LHR tomorrow and they will walk you through it.

luckettg
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Ken,
I have not had that error code, but am curious how you get to know what it means. Is there a list of error codes available?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett
Michigan

DocWheeler
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
luckettg,

I've had my machine for more than a year and have read what I could on this forum. I've had both of those problems.

The information is in this forum somewhere, finding it can be time consuming. The best help that I can offer is to use Search and learn the importance of using quotes (") around short words or muliple words.

luckettg
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I have been using the search from the start, and you are also right that it can be very time consuming....especially when I get diverted onto some other topic and steals my attention.;)

I have seen where error codes are listed for other products and just wondered if something like that was stowed away here somewhere in case I might need it in the future.

Thank you!:)
Greg Luckett
Michigan