PDA

View Full Version : Cut Path Problem

zman
02-24-2008, 08:30 AM
I am trying to make a template of a sign. What I have been doing is using half of the board to make my sign then using the mirror tool to finish the other side so it is the same. Now what I want to do is create a cut path. I go to the select all and none of the outline pattern or cut path show ( greyed out). If I make a template NOT using the mirror tool I can get the cut path options.I know it has to something I am not understanding. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Zman

DrBob
02-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi Zman
you can't do a cut path with mirror, sorry!

zman
02-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks DrBob
I figured that was the answer. Would a copy and paste work on a cup path?

Zman

DrBob
02-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Your Welcome

Copy and past will work on the same project board and across to a new board.

zman
02-24-2008, 10:19 AM
DrBob if your still on. Here is a test of what i am trying to do. I ran the outline of half of my project and did a copy and paste to the other side of the board. Still cannot get the outline and cut path to come on.
Thanks
Zman

DocWheeler
02-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Zman

I recently had the same problem and could not get the cut-path to work. Someone else made it work, and I felt humbled.

I took your mpc, made the angles and dimensions match and found the center-point in the bottom was off.

Actually, I set a carvepath to see where Designer saw the line start and then messed around with that point after removing the carvepath. I moved that point to see if they "flared" and found that. Maybe I stumbled onto an easy way to find these problems!

zman
02-24-2008, 01:49 PM
DocWheeler thanks for taking a look. NOW for a new person at the terminology are you saying that my start and end did not line up or close together? I am alittle confused. I know I probably took the long way around to get the project layed out. But again I am just messing to try and find the in's and out's of constructing a project. Again I sure thank you for your help.
Zman

zman
02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I was just playing around looking at the project and found the bottom center point not lined up. Is that what you found? After lining up it then gave me the cut path.

Zman

DocWheeler
02-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Zman,

Yes, that is what I was explaining in my post. I found that problem by using the cutpath option, It assumed that it was a line rather than a completed outline and gave me a start and end point. This told me where the problem was.

zman
02-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks Again Doc

User ERROR

Zman

DrBob
02-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Hay Ken
Not trying to step on your feet, the file needed a little straighting on the lines they were a little crooked.
Thanks for picking up the ball on this I was gone shopping for back lighting for the lithopane boxes that I will be doing.
sorry forgot the file

Dan-Woodman
02-24-2008, 03:25 PM
ZMAN
If your looking for a signboard pattern , I think someone had posted some relly nice ones some time ago. Maybe do a search or someone will know where to find them.
later Daniel

TerryT
02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
There are some sign board patterns here

http://www.carvewright.com/store/pattern.php?vendor=TerryT

Hope they work for you.