PDA

View Full Version : Missing Icons

woodie
02-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I am using 1.126. I was going through the help comments and in the Layout toolbar section it made reference to a COPY OFFSET function. In the Drawing Menu it listed a ROUT TOOLand a TRIM TOOL.
In the online tutorials, in the customizing toolbars section, the utility toolbar had several more options than I have,i. e., concentric line, parrell line, horizontal line vertical line, 45 degree line. These were on the computers at the ST. LOUIS WOODWORKERS SHOW. I can't get them on mine. What am I not doing right? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Woodie

DrBob
02-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Hi Woodie
I would like those functions as well, I am running v1.125
and it makes mention in my help too, but no opption for them in tool bar.

ChrisAlb
02-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Yes I agree, Where are they? Why tell us they are there but not give them to us?

mwildes
02-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Has anyone else encountered this? Under the Pattern List that is supplied by the software, I have titles of patterns, but no icon and no pattern to go with it. I've attached a snapshot of my screen. "Reindeer 1", "Corner 04", and "Corn 02" are just a few of the examples. Do you have these patterns listed and available to you? There are others too. I had the problem with 1.125 and it persists with 1.126. The CW engineers are looking into it. I'm running 3 Macs, all with Power PC processors, OS 10.4.

ChrisAlb
02-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Has anyone else encountered this? Under the Pattern List that is supplied by the software, I have titles of patterns, but no icon and no pattern to go with it. I've attached a snapshot of my screen. "Reindeer 1", "Corner 04", and "Corn 02" are just a few of the examples. Do you have these patterns listed and available to you? There are others too. I had the problem with 1.125 and it persists with 1.126. The CW engineers are looking into it. I'm running 3 Macs, all with Power PC processors, OS 10.4.

That's a new one to me. Never had that in any version. From the first to the last.

Lin
02-24-2008, 08:17 AM
I have Corner 4 listed and avaliable in both versions of designer that I'm running on my system. The Corn 02 and the Reindeer...even the Christmas listing was only on the very old versions of designer...like back to 1.029...when centerline was available without a cost.
Lin

DrBob
02-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Hi Woodie
The only time I have run into this is when I replaced my favorites from v1.125 to1.120 and the list showed the name but not the icons and no pattern when you clicked on it.
I chalked it up to versions.
Bonus though was I now new which patterns were from an earlier version they were availible.

Kenm810
02-24-2008, 09:58 AM
I knew some of the ptn files had disappeared form our lists in the different Designer Versions,
But never thought to look for which ones.

Do any of these look familiar, they're from the Trial Version I had down loaded form CW
over a year ago, Before I had my Machine. It took 2 1/2 hours to fine all of them.

I had to split them up on to 4 boards to upload them
most of the ptn files for them where lost in the version up grades
although I 'm sure a few folks may still have them.

Ps look at the cut list for their names and numbers to compare with your Favorites or Basics

forqnc
04-09-2008, 07:36 AM
WOW, how did I miss this thread?
Thanks for the link in another thread KEN and for posting the files.