PDA

View Full Version : Fonts

sweliver
02-23-2008, 12:31 PM
What fonts are you all having luck with? In all three forms?

I'm getting chip out in raster and outline. I'm going to try centerline here lickity split.

steve

hotpop
02-23-2008, 12:53 PM
The latest upgrade of Designer include a draft option. Try adding some draft to your text.

The material you are using may be the problem as well. A wider font may help and a shallower cut might help.

pkunk
02-23-2008, 01:39 PM
The latest upgrade of Designer include a draft option. Try adding some draft to your text.

The material you are using may be the problem as well. A wider font may help and a shallower cut might help.
Draft will only work with 'Raster', but will help.:)

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Larger fonts with raster and shallow depth seem to work well for me. I struggles forever with raster text and rarely inplement it anymore although it does give a great hand carved appeal. I've had alot of luck with centerline and am happy i bought it. It was a good investment. Of course there is limitations on centerline too. So its just like anything else takes experimentation to figure out what works best.

sweliver
02-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Carved a small plaque with centerline. Worked really well, no chipout in the same wood and smaller font than large raster and outline fonts.

Is there a way to fool the machine to centerline inside a carve region? So far I haven't been able to fool the machine yet.

steve

hotpop
02-23-2008, 05:11 PM
sweliver

Is there a way to fool the machine to centerline inside a carve region? So far I haven't been able to fool the machine yet.

This subject has come up a few times before. As far as I know no one has been to successful.