PDA

View Full Version : Can the software be loaded onto more then 1 comp

Baumer
02-23-2008, 10:33 AM
What I was wondering is. If I have a cabinetmaker friend and he wants me to do some carvings, can I install my software onto his comp and then he could make the design he wants on his comp and then send it to me to carve, or will we need to buy a cd for his comp too? I also want my comp to have the software on it too.

Allso does the machine work good on glued up stock, like a butcherblock style of board or will all the joints chip out or will the glue mess things up?

ChrisAlb
02-23-2008, 11:19 AM
What I was wondering is. If I have a cabinetmaker friend and he wants me to do some carvings, can I install my software onto his comp and then he could make the design he wants on his comp and then send it to me to carve, or will we need to buy a cd for his comp too? I also want my comp to have the software on it too.

Allso does the machine work good on glued up stock, like a butcherblock style of board or will all the joints chip out or will the glue mess things up?

Hi Baumer,

This is probably a question better asked of LHR but I would think like most any software, one license, one computer. A possible work around would be just put it on his computer and upload the project to the card you could then take to your machine. Just a thought.

Chris

DocWheeler
02-23-2008, 11:25 AM
The software can be loaded on two computers. You need to call LHR, they will send you an email with the process.

I'm in the midst of doing that, got Designer on the "New" machine, but can not get "Favorites". I recall this problem being discussed on the Forum, I need to Search.

castingman
02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Baumer, I have two versions running now. The computer i use the most is not on the web, it has 1.120 , the one i am useing now has 1.126. I have used them both with no trouble, so far. And i am not a wiz at computers.
Michael

hotpop
02-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Baumer

Have your friend download the trial version of the Designer Software. It's good for 30 days.