PDA

View Full Version : pattern problems

judyb
02-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Hello everybody!!

My machine is finally here and I'm having lots of fun trying it out. However, I have a couple of questions about why it did what it did.

I remember Chris saying that if I redo a picture in greyscale, the compucarve program will read it and should give me a clear picture.

So, I had a little fun redoing a car (I used the different shapes to trace over it in illustrator) I then deleted the original image so all I would have left was what I created. I then saved it as a ptn file.

I think I did a good job and the carvewright program thought so too!!! things were looking up and it looked REALLY good!!! I mean it was putting the proper heights on the different parts of the image and the details were cristal clear on the screen.

then I entered it in the carvewright machine and started to carve... the final result was really disapointing... not at all like what I had on the screen! some parts were missing and others just did follow what it was supposed to do.

I'm having trouble adding pictures to this forum but if anyone can tell me how I can take a regular pic and put it on here, I would be glad to show you exactly what I mean.

Thanks for your help!

Judy

ChrisAlb
02-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Hello everybody!!

My machine is finally here and I'm having lots of fun trying it out. However, I have a couple of questions about why it did what it did.

I remember Chris saying that if I redo a picture in greyscale, the compucarve program will read it and should give me a clear picture.

So, I had a little fun redoing a car (I used the different shapes to trace over it in illustrator) I then deleted the original image so all I would have left was what I created. I then saved it as a ptn file.

I think I did a good job and the carvewright program thought so too!!! things were looking up and it looked REALLY good!!! I mean it was putting the proper heights on the different parts of the image and the details were cristal clear on the screen.

then I entered it in the carvewright machine and started to carve... the final result was really disapointing... not at all like what I had on the screen! some parts were missing and others just did follow what it was supposed to do.

I'm having trouble adding pictures to this forum but if anyone can tell me how I can take a regular pic and put it on here, I would be glad to show you exactly what I mean.

Thanks for your help!

Judy

Hi judy,

Replied to you email. Post here in the forum the picture, your modification of it and the mpc file. If not me, I'm sure one of the very talented folks in here can help. You can also email all the above to me directly and I'd be happy to take a look.

Chris

hotpop
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
judyb

If you are having trouble uploading pictures to the forum then perhap the picture file size might be to large for uploading. JPG uploads to the forum are limited to 117.2kb.

If this is the case. Open your picture in your picture editor and find resize. You may need to try it a few times until the file is reduced to less then 117kb.