PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Depth Check etc...

hetzerguitars
02-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I have a pattern loaded. I started the machine will ask what bit. I choose 1/8" cutting. It will ask me to load it. It will then check on the left side of the wood, then on the right (the loud click), it will then check depth on the wood. And then sometimes ask me to load it again, and again, and again. And do the whole thing 4 or 5 times. Before it will even cut.

Any ideas?

- Jim

hotpop
02-21-2008, 10:50 PM
It sounds like your bit is not making contact with the little flipper if the far side of the machine. Blow away any dust accumulation from around the spring and lube with a small amount of WD-40.

HighTechOkie
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
It sounds like your bit is not making contact with the little flipper if the far side of the machine. Blow away any dust accumulation from around the spring and lube with a small amount of WD-40.

WD40 SHOULD NOT be used anywhere near the CC/CW. It IS NOT a lube and will only make things worse from dust sticking to WD40 in all those moving parts and tiny crevices you sprayed.

A silicone spray would be much better. Or avoid the problem entirely by fashioning a clip to keep the bit plate in position so the bit will always make contact.

Rob

Eagle Hollow
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I have a pattern loaded. I started the machine will ask what bit. I choose 1/8" cutting. It will ask me to load it. It will then check on the left side of the wood, then on the right (the loud click), it will then check depth on the wood. And then sometimes ask me to load it again, and again, and again. And do the whole thing 4 or 5 times. Before it will even cut.

Any ideas?

- Jim

Jim, I had similar proplem and found that the flipper was rough where it made contact with the truck. I smoothed it with a little emery on a polishing disc on the Dremel. Has work flawlessly ever since.

Jerry

ChrisAlb
02-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I agree, NEVER use WD-40 on the machine. Like Rob said, it's NOT a lube but a rust inhibitor. For the touch plate I do two things. 1) Always blow it off around the spring and 2) I use (just a little) dry graphite ONLY if needed. Never once had a problem with it.