PDA

View Full Version : not being able to measure any board correctly

myshop1044
02-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I just changed the sandpaper belt the other day and now the CW want measure the board. It move the board to the right, then all the way to the left and when it starts to return to the right it stops and give the board error.

I then the check board errors from the manual and nothing seems to work no mater which board i put in there.
The brass roller seems to be ok, the sliding glide plate is equal on both sides to squaring plate.
i did read no 5 on check board error stated there could be a problem with the sandpaper belts, what should I be looking for?
where do I go from here

hotpop
02-21-2008, 10:00 PM
The only thing I can think of is perhaps your board might be warped. Try measuring another board.

myshop1044
02-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I put a straight edge on 4 different boards, different sizes and different lengths. I think I might loosen the four screws on the sandpaper belt and see if there is a misalignment there, next step is Houston.

John
02-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Check this thread. The damper may very well be your problem.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5948

John

myshop1044
02-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks to all that responded, I contacted CW and their Tech was very good
and we went thru some checks in the shop while I was on the phone. I was setting the slide plate to tight next to the board, go figure. anyway I am back up and making sawdust again.
just remember when you take the humans out of the machine's way it will work.
have a good one:p