PDA

View Full Version : We’re off to see the Wizards at LHR again

Kenm810
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Yep Trip number four down the yellow brick road in the past 13 months, so this one’s on my dime.
My machine was picked up yesterday afternoon for another round trip to the land of Texas. I do have to say the techs made a valiant effort this past week trying to figure out the constant “Y” axis stalls errors over the phone, we tried everything they could think of, but nada, nothing, disassembled and reassembled the machine twice still couldn’t get past (stay under the rollers yes or no). Well I feel they gave it their best shot, and did all they could over the phone because they knew my Machine was only few weeks out of Warranty. Oh well while it’s gone I guess I try a few new modifications to my DD Cabinet, to ease the emotional detachment and psychological symptoms of machine withdrawal plus the pathological retreat from objective reality into some schizophrenic state. --- Gees maybe those machines are addictive.
We'll let you know what they find.

Grunt
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Ken,
Sorry to hear about your machine, I feel your pain as I am still waiting on my Stage 1 gear for the x-axis. Only had 2 hours 19 minutes on it when it crashed. Yes withdrawl is painful, mine has been down for 3 weeks and I want to pull my hair out, damn it! how could I get hooked on this thing, I just need my fix... just a little. LOL
Grunt

rjustice
02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Ken810,
I saw your post in another thread a few minutes ago. Have you broken any tools? I am wondering if you think that the machine could be pushing so hard in the "Y" axis that it could have loosened up the bearing spacers, and these problems are related?

Ron

PS i feel your pain on having the machine down. I have had mine apart for a few weeks now making the retrofit parts, and testing them!!!

Kenm810
02-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi Ron,

Nope no broken tools, the spacer problem was a few months back

This "Y" Axis headache started only a week and a half ago
I've been talking to the LHR techs almost daily trying to figure it out,
we went through all the possibilities but no luck, they finally suggested that I send it in,
to let them look under the hood and put their heads together and see if they can solve the problem.

Mikewiz
02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey ken,

I feel your pain! Mine is in Texas now. The problem with mine is the cut motor doesn't come on and it digs the bit into the wood. They sent me a termination board but that didn't work. They had me take it apart and do some tests but nothing seemed to work. So they had me send it in. I'm bored without her.

Mikewiz

Kenm810
02-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks guys,

I like to look on the bright side,
I'm sure the good folks down at LHR
Will have the answers, and have my machine
up and running in no time.

Guess it just gives me more time to learn
and play with Designer http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Kenxxx
03-07-2008, 08:32 AM
A few days after my one year warranty ran out, my cutter bit started wobbling in a cone fashion and the Z truck casting was too hot to touch, so I assummed the bearings were toast. Fortunately, I had bought the Sears 5 yr extended warranty for $49, so I called the 800 # and they had no idea what I was talking about and suggested I talk to the local Sears repair center. They never heard of the machine, either. I called the local Sears store (a franchise) and they said bring it down and they would get it repaired in two weeks. I immediately returned it and when they called the warranty center regarding my certificate number, they were told to just order me a new machine and take the old one. In seven days, I had a new machine with a new 1 year warranty coverage by CW, plus I still have my Sears warranty until Jan. 2012. I must say the folks at CW have been great to deal with on the first machine, which did have several early production problems.

Kenm810
03-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Kenxxx,

Thanks for sharing, your Sears experience and information with us.
I love a story with a happy ending.
I too bought the extended 5 year warranty for $49,
I'll have to try it next time I need repairs. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Grunt
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow! where was I for the $49.00 5 year warranty? I paid $299.00 for the same warranty. OH well, just called LHR tech (Bruce) been having problems with the board sensor, he walked me thru teardown and we found that the wires for the sensor running in the truck were pinched by the y-axis motor and the cooling fins. I will have to ship it out next week so they can repair it. Had problems the last few days getting thru to the techs but in the end I spent 35 minutes with him and he was extremely patient and understanding, just hate the thought of going thru withdrawl again waiting for machine to return.
Oh well, Best regards to all and kenm810 i will get with you next week, I still owe you some lumber.
Grunt

Kenm810
03-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey Grunt,

What do two wood carvers find to talk about when both of their machines
are being repaired in Texas, maken chip and dust naturally.
The carved pieces you saw last time went to the Gallery last week.
All the work benches in the shops and studios have new projects on them this week. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Ps I have that $49.00 Warranty nailed to the wall over the Deck in my Office

Grunt
03-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, dreaming about making chips. I am still fascinated by all of the train cars you made, that was awesome.
Grunt

Grunt
03-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I still have not been able to use the corian samples you gave me, havent kept a machine cutting long enough. So many ideals and nothing to do it with.
How long has your machine been gone now? I hope that it comes back soon, I know you must be going stir crazy looking for all the other things that your sons put away when they "clean up". LOL
Grunt

Kenm810
03-07-2008, 09:25 PM
My machine left for Texas 2 week ago, I received an Email that it was completed today
and that it should be on it's way back by Monday. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Box Cars ya, and don't forget the track pedestals that went with em.
The top one in the first photo is the Real Box the lower is one that I built

rjustice
03-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Ken810,
When you do something you do it big!... very impressive! Glad to hear your machine is on its way home

Ron

Eagle Hollow
03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
My machine left for Texas 2 week ago, I received an Email that it was completed today
and that it should be on it's way back by Monday. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Box Cars ya, and don't forget the track pedestals that went with em.
The top one in the first photo is the Real Box the lower is one that I built

I wonder...if my CC had to take another vacation to the home place for two weeks...could I get my shop cleaned up like yours??? I'm jealous!!

Man, Thats one looooong train!

Jerry

forqnc
03-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I am still fascinated by all of the train cars you made, that was awesome.
Grunt

I wondering where I missed this post, and where they done on the CC/CW

Kenm810
03-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Jerry,

I have to admit, those photos were taken on a good day --- most of the time I can’t even find the floor.
Luckily I have two Sons that work with me up that clean up after themselves and me.
All I have to do now is convince them to quite hiding my tools by putting them away where they belong
--- it make it harder for me to find anything. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Quote -- Man, That’s one looooong train!

It’s a little hard to see in the third photo, but beyond the ones preped with blue masking tape
is another full table of box cars under a sheet of plastic waiting to be air brushed.

Kenm810
03-08-2008, 08:30 AM
forqnc,

The Rolling Stock project was finished a month or two before I first saw the CW and CC machines.
Doing work like this had me looking all over for a machine that could carve small repetitive parts that I designed.
While watching TV a little over a year ago a Sears CompuCarve commercial came on
and --- Shazam --- there was the machine I had been looking for, exactly what I needed and so much more,
I been incorporating it in to the building of many of my projects ever since. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

forqnc
03-08-2008, 10:30 AM
same here Ken, it was a little over a year ago I saw the commercial, and boy was that the easiest tool to convince my wife I needed. :)

amanda0101
03-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Same here! I can't believe the had it for $49.00

Wow! where was I for the $49.00 5 year warranty? I paid $299.00 for the same warranty.
Grunt