PDA

View Full Version : CraftsMan Club

Kenm810
02-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Member Savings Feb. 23 to Mar. 1

Just in case anyone's Looking or Thinking about getting One http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

sweliver
02-19-2008, 08:21 PM
How does one go about joining the club? Around here and on the web site it's not readily apparent...or I'm about to get bit cause I'm so blind.

sw

rogone
02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Just go into Sears to the tool department and sign up. Its free.

Kenm810
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Here Ya go -- Sign up --- it's free http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Craftsman.com (http://www.craftsman.com/craftsmanclub.html)

... Craftsman Club Member, you'll get a whole new way to get the job done - faster, smarter, cheaper and on the cutting edge.
Check out all the advantages of Craftsman Club membership.

www.craftsman (http://www.<b>craftsman</b>).com/craftsmanclub.html

The "DH"
02-20-2008, 05:27 AM
Received my catalog yesterday and at that price maybe a 3rd machine for the "DH". Good time to buy for all those reading the forum and trying to decide!!

ChrisAlb
02-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Received my catalog yesterday and at that price maybe a 3rd machine for the "DH". Good time to buy for all those reading the forum and trying to decide!!

Moring DH,

I just signed up for this but it didn't ask for a password at registration. Does it come via email?

Chris

Ken Massingale
02-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Moring DH,

I just signed up for this but it didn't ask for a password at registration. Does it come via email?

Chris
Morning Chris,
IIRC, you sign in with your membership number, which is on the card you will receive, eventually....maybe.

ChrisAlb
02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Hey Ken Good Morning,

Now ain't that just like Sears...lol Sign up online but wait for the info in snail mail...lol No matter, I was really just curious about the club.

Thank you.

Kenm810
02-20-2008, 06:53 AM
It can take a few weeks for your actual plastic membership card
to be mailed to you.

But if you need or want to make a purchase at your local Sears before you have your card in hand.
The Sales Clerk can call the Craftsman Club’s phone number to get your membership number
for your club discounts on purchases until your card arrives.

IM2HAPPI
02-20-2008, 07:20 AM
I signed up a year ago around this time and never heard anything back from them. I guess its just for the Craftman not the Craftwoman, ya think ? Had to be the Barb that threw them off.lol

Kenm810
02-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Unreal --- Craftswoman,
I can believe that the club would pass up such a great source of prospective tool purchasers.
I know for a fact there are loads of Crafty Women around, --- I married one.
But don’t tell her I really said that. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

beachman
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Barb i just signed my wife up for the club,so we will see what happens next.

oldjoe
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I have been looking at the newsletter and LHR is saying that they have sold 10,000 units in three years I am sure that about 1/2 of them have been thru Sears and there must be 1 or 2 women that are craftsperson members out of the 5000 sold thru sears.
10,000 units we only have about 3000 active members. If those numbers are right the machines are really better then we think.

beachman
02-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Oldjoe the aircraft is only as good as the pilot who takes to the air with it.(lol)

Greg
running 1.126

pkunk
02-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I have been looking at the newsletter and LHR is saying that they have sold 10,000 units in three years I am sure that about 1/2 of them have been thru Sears and there must be 1 or 2 women that are craftsperson members out of the 5000 sold thru sears.
10,000 units we only have about 3000 active members. If those numbers are right the machines are really better then we think.
There are alot of owners that have no idea this forum exists. I met one several weeks ago. They have no need for repair, are computer savvy enough not to look for help, & probably don't use the machine that much. My CW will sometimes sit in a corner gathering a little dust for months. If I weren't a Mod, I probably wouldn't bother to be here every day in that time frame because my other shop work envelops me.:p

mtylerfl
02-20-2008, 03:12 PM

I was told (by an LHR rep) a few months ago that over 14,000 machines have been sold. I was also told that the email list is over 14,500. That's a lot!

Whatever the number is, it appears that folks who experience real problems with the machine are in the minority.

I encounter several people a week who do not know that the User Forum exists - I always encourage them to join of course!

TIMCOSBY
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I signed up a year ago around this time and never heard anything back from them. I guess its just for the Craftman not the Craftwoman, ya think ? Had to be the Barb that threw them off.lol

I DID THE SAME NO RESPONCE FROM THEM. salesperson entered my phone number nothing nota... he gave me the discount anyway and they were have an extra 10% of after 6 pm that day and they couldn't figure out how to take it off so it got it too....about$1350 more or less.

David Myers
02-22-2008, 07:06 AM
I just got a new Craftsmans Club sales flier in the mail and they have the two bits with holders for sale to Club members for $29.99 each regular price is $39.99. So I ordered another set. I also bought my CompuCarve thru Sears Craftsmans Club last year and saved $100.00 over regular price plus they had free shipping at the time.

David

oldjoe
02-22-2008, 11:50 AM
How long does the sale last??

AskBud
02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
The Craftsman Club Savings goes from Feb. 23rd to Mar. 1st.
The Club price, for the machine is $1538,99 (on page 14).
AskBud

beachman
02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
My wife is now a member of the club,so if there are other ladies out there who want to sign up,you can do it at craftsman.com

Kenm810
02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
If your interested, Sears TV commercial ten minutes ago is offering "0" interest for 12 Months,
on the CompuCarve machine again. So call your local Sears store, or Sears Shop Tools at 1-800-377-7414 for info.

auriclux
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I just now ordered my machine through Sears.com - I was waiting for the Aquarian Age of promotions to do so. I thought I'd share the adventure.

I'll let this get your attention: I ordered the CompuCarve, the Scanning Probe, and the two bits and adapters on the Sears.com website for a final pre-tax total of (drumroll) $1773.87.

And free shipping.

There is a long story of checking and re-checking the available promos and avenues of order that culminates with me, standing in my local Sears store, on the phone, ordering from the online arm Sears.com. This wound up to be advantageous as I could check what the store clerk told me against what the credit branch told me against what the online branch told me. The stories do not match. At one point I handed my phone (Sears.com) to the store clerk in front of me.

The end result is that my online phone order totaled to $2,189.96 with:

10% discount for my first purchase using the regular Sears Credit Card
10% discount for my Craftsman Club membership (valid this week)
(discounts applied consecutively)
Free shipping - available only because I was talking to a human (long story)

for the net pre-tax total of $1773.87.

And I may get delivery Friday.

I won't be surprised if Sears applies some 'corrections' to this order.

Your mileage may vary,
Scot

peter_l
02-28-2008, 12:02 AM
I am very curious to see how you got the extra 10% off for the first credit card purchase.

I just signed-up for a new account, and it was approved, but I will not get my card for about 10 days.

I can go into the store and they can access my account, but I wonder if I can get the extra 10% off too.

Looking at a current CC Club price of $1560, it would be great if I could get that eztra 10% on my sears account.

Please let me know how you did it.

Take care

Pete

IM2HAPPI
02-28-2008, 04:13 AM
I have had same email address for like 13 years, will not accept it so I used another one. Wont accept. Im calling those people. I tried my husbands email, nope notta. Maybe I should be IMNOT2HAPPI with them ; (

MikeMcCoy
02-28-2008, 07:06 AM
I have had same email address for like 13 years, will not accept it so I used another one. Wont accept. Im calling those people. I tried my husbands email, nope notta. Maybe I should be IMNOT2HAPPI with them ; (

I signed up several times over the last year or so and never did get a card. I just called the 1-800 number on the crafstman club web site and got my number from customer service a couple of months ago and also asked for a membership card. I still haven't received a card but I do have my member number.

auriclux
02-28-2008, 08:44 AM
I am very curious to see how you got the extra 10% off for the first credit card purchase.

I just signed-up for a new account, and it was approved, but I will not get my card for about 10 days.

I can go into the store and they can access my account, but I wonder if I can get the extra 10% off too.

Looking at a current CC Club price of $1560, it would be great if I could get that eztra 10% on my sears account.

Please let me know how you did it.

Take care

Pete

Short answer: TELEPHONE Sears.com. When you ring up the the online store and talk to a person they can apply the 10% first charge discount to the order along with the CC discount.

I did not see how to accomplish this online.

I had the inverse issue - I had the credit card in hand but not the craftsman club card. It is my understanding that the credit account can be looked up, though they will not share the account number with you.

My discovery is that the brick-&-mortar stores are separate or at least different from the online store and have different policies. For instance, the physical store does not offer the 10% first time charge discount.

Be prepared for some confused, and confusing, mumbling from the rep. Accept whatever way he can physically get the machine in your hands (shipped, store pick-up, stork...)

Also, note that the discounts are applied sequentially resulting in a net 19% reduction. This is just arithmetic: P*0.9*0.9 = P*0.81=P*(1 - 0.19). And no, the rep can't do it any other way, that is the way his program is written.

What I found in this adventure is that there are some pretty big disconnects between the physical stores, Sears.com, and Sears credit (Citibank). And that in this instance, the thing to do is to speak to a person at Sears.com who can get what should be done on the order with his access to the POS (point-of-sale) software. Abilities not available to us with an online order nor to the rep in the physical store.

Was that too long of an answer?

Scot

auriclux
03-04-2008, 08:24 AM
I thought I'd share the latest on my order from Sears.com for those who may also do so.

I placed my order by phone last Wednesday (Today is Tuesday). The next day, Thursday, I got an email notice that my order shipped from Nevada (I'm in SoCal), but no tracking number. Yesterday I called in to see if a tracking number had attached to my order - but not yet. My past experience with UPS ground from a neighboring state has been that my package arrives in two or three business days, i.e. yesterday.

This is why they quote ten business days for arrival, I guess.

Scot

PS. Is there a "map with pins" graphic of forum member distribution?

hotpop
03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Scot

Is there a "map with pins" graphic of forum member distribution?

That's a cool idea. I hope you got lots of pins.

I've been looking for other CC/CW users in NC. So far I guess I'm the only one. That's means the other 9,999 units must have been sold in the other 49 states.

It would really nice is if people on the forum would add their city and state when setting up their profile.

Who knows I might find another in NC.

wynpotter
03-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Hey there, I'm in Seagrove NC and am going to the Charlotte show this weekend at the merchendise mart. I wish I had read this thread back in feb and saved some $$$$. Maybe there will be a show special or Sears will have another sale soon. Glad to meet someone else from NC Wyndham

Reset
03-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Scot
That's a cool idea. I hope you got lots of pins.
I've been looking for other CC/CW users in NC. So far I guess I'm the only one. That's means the other 9,999 units must have been sold in the other 49 states.
Who knows I might find another in NC.

Here's the map your looking for :)

http://compucarvewright.com/content/view/27/2/

You must be registered and logged in to view...

Tommy

hotpop
03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks Tommy! The map of CC/CW users is terrific.

auriclux
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Cool Tommy. Thanks.

(Still waiting for machine delivery)

I just added myself and zoomed in. My dot is about 30 miles off actual - and about 2 hours drive in the traffic. Still a great tool though.

slacker361
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
dangit, how often do they have the sales:twisted:

Kenm810
03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
slacker361,

Lately it seems like few weeks or so http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Hang in there It'll around again soon

auriclux
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I hope these quick updates are of some interest.

Called Sears.com again to see if a tracking number were available for my machine - I got a notice of shipment last Thursday, so a week ago. Just the tracking number.

The first response I got was that my order had been canceled. That was exciting, and fortunately incorrect. When the rep found my order, there was still no tracking number assigned.

Also, where I had previously been told that my order shipped from the relatively close Nevada warehouse, now I'm told that the unit shipped from the factory. All very interesting.

As an aside, on the locator map (see link in signature), I find that I share a dot with an Anaheim entry, and two Huntington Beach entries. Hi, roomies!

SilentBob
03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Auriclux,
Greetings from another newbee, no longer waiting.

I’d like to share my experience with you just for your personal knowledge.

I ordered my CC from Sears online Wednesday, February 27 and received an immediate email response that the order was being processed. This email gave an expected delivery date of 02/29/08. I was excited, but a little doubtful things could move along so quickly. Sunday night I checked the order through the Sears website and there still was no tracking number. Monday we had to leave Galveston to see the grandbabies in Longview (about 4 ½ hours away). Wednesday morning (03/05/08) I called the order center to see if the machine had shipped. The Service Rep told me it had shipped but he couldn’t get a tracking number and if it hadn’t showed up by Friday to call back.

When we returned home Wednesday around 5 pm I noted no large box on the front porch. Not real happy about that but I got on the CarveWright forum and continued reading what ever I could find.
Shortly a guy knocks on the door and said he had a package that belonged to me. Yipeee….sure enough the machine had been delivered in our absence and this kind neighbor took responsibility for it.

So with the machine sitting in my garage I feel the next step is to register the software. I go through the website as directed but every time I try I get an error the server is not responding, so I go for the option of registering from a remote computer. This goes well until I try to finish, then it tells me the serial number I entered is not good.

Today I made the call to software support, talked to the tech and found out the CD shipped with the machine was outdated (Ver. 1.120) and I need to download the update. Total time on the phone with Alex 2 min. 44 sec.

So all this to say don’t expect a tracking number or call from Sears concerning your shipment.

I just returned from the big box hardware store with a cabinet, top and casters to make a roller cabinet with. Next I’ll have to see what I am going to do for the downdraft and dust collection systems.

I hope you have a digital camera and like to share, because I’ve noticed the folks on the forum are a visual bunch and we all like to see what others are doing.

Best of luck with your carving future and see ya around the forum.

SilentBob

Kenm810
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
SilentBob,

May I say welcome to the forum, And yep we chippers love those photos.
They're a great way to share projects and solve problems.
But now it's time for some fun carving. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

SilentBob
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
OK, here's what I got so far. The first photo is the cabinet fresh from Home Depot. The second is a plea for sympathy. We have just moved from downtown Houston and I had to fit a 2 car garage and 10 x 12 storage building into a 1 car garage. Believe it or not there is a welding machine and air compressor in there somewhere. But instead of cleaning and organizing the garage I have been investing time reading all the posts on this forum. Seems to be time to fish or cut bait.

Kenm810
03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey, don't feel to bad your garage looks more organized then mine.
We built this house and moved in nearly 10 years ago
and I still have boxes of stuff I have open to put away. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Ps looking at your first photo of your new machine and cabinet
---- I think the casters go on the bottom side -- somewhere nearer to the floor. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

auriclux
03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
... for all the world to see. Huge red box. Almost has "Steal Me" painted on it. No kind neighbor to comfort it. Glad we were only out for the morning - not the whole day.

Okay. I had lunch and I'm better now.

SilentBob, thanks for the story. Guess our experience is about the same.

Now, out to lube the shaft, and then off to pick up some lumber...

Scot

David Myers
03-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Last months Craftsmans Club had a sale on the 1/16 carving bit and 1/8 cutting bit with adapters. I picked up a set for spares for $26.86 each. They were back ordered and came in the mail this weekend.

David

auriclux
04-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Earlier in this thread you can read the joy in which I announced how getting and using the Sears credit card and joining the Craftsman club just in the nick of time awarded me a pair of 10% discounts to be applied to my credit card bill at some point in the future.

Hasn't happened yet.

I've paid my bill so as not to run up finance charges.

I had written earlier to ask after the discounts and got a reply to wait up to five(5) weeks before becoming concerned.

I called this last Tuesday (about the fifth week) and was told that there was no record of such a discount in my file. After a bit of back-and-forth, I was told that I would be called be a supervisor on Friday. Didn't happen.

I will be calling in the coming week demanding that the recording of my purchase call where the rep quoted me prices be played. I can hope this works.

If there are others in or entering this limbo - be prepared.

sbyrd82
04-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Went to Sears Friday and the Manager advised that Sears had a recall on CC and he could not even order the machine.

woodchipsltd
05-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Visited my local Sears store after doing about one years worth of research, which included "visiting" with numerous users of the machine. Each said to buy the machine through Sears and then get technical support directly from the factory. Although my local Sears store had a unit on display, that's about all they had, which included sales people that had no clue as to what and or how the machine worked. No box. No books. No directions. One sales person did recommend to order the machine via the Craftsman club and also stated that Sears has sold the machine for $1600 on sale. Has anyone heard of that before? If so then maybe I should "wait" for the good price to come around again. Comments?

I've also received the new CarveWright flyer which states that the machine is now being sold at Ace Hardware? Does anyone know if they are offering any sort of promotional discount for being the new kid in town? Might that be worth waiting for as well?

bulldog527
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Be wise and give Sears a wide berth. IMHO.

fwharris
05-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Woodchipsltd,

Good job in doing your research and weclome to the forum. If and when (the Sears issue is still up for debate)
Sears does restock the CW/CC take advantage of the Craftsman's club sales. It has been on sale with them for the $1600 as stated. Also have it delivered to the Sears store to save on shipping.

It was just posted late this week that ACE will be selling the CW. I did stop by my local store today and they new nothing about it. The store owner was not in but the manager looked it up on their web site and nothing was posted about them selling it.

Hope this helps you out...

Visited my local Sears store after doing about one years worth of research, which included "visiting" with numerous users of the machine. Each said to buy the machine through Sears and then get technical support directly from the factory. Although my local Sears store had a unit on display, that's about all they had, which included sales people that had no clue as to what and or how the machine worked. No box. No books. No directions. One sales person did recommend to order the machine via the Craftsman club and also stated that Sears has sold the machine for $1600 on sale. Has anyone heard of that before? If so then maybe I should "wait" for the good price to come around again. Comments?

I've also received the new CarveWright flyer which states that the machine is now being sold at Ace Hardware? Does anyone know if they are offering any sort of promotional discount for being the new kid in town? Might that be worth waiting for as well?

Amonaug
05-17-2008, 10:08 PM
I just talked to me local Sears and they said don't even bother ordering until christmas as they have none in stock.

Semper Fi
05-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Amazon.com is selling Carvewrights for $1,699.99 with free shipping as of this morning. I'm beginning to suspect you might be a lot older before the Craftsman edition is available from Sears again.

SilentBob
05-18-2008, 02:54 PM
If I were looking to purchase another machine I’d give Sears a pass and contact Jason with LittleRedWoodshop @ 309-232-WOOD (9663).

Most places you buy from will only sell the machine and then you’re on your own. Jason seems to really want you to have a good experience with the machine and is a great source of help in conjunction with this users group and of course the LHR customer support.

Just my $.02 worth.
Best of luck,
Bob

beachman
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Spoke to the manager at the local ACE here and he said they were going to carry it,but don't have any yet wasn't sure about all the accessories but assumed they would carry those also

Hexe SA
05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
sbyrd82: Neither on the Sears website or the government site: www.recall.gov is listing a recall for the CC or CW. It is however out off stock on line, nothing new. I had to wait last year for 4 weeks for delivery. It is in stock here on the website and at amazon for $1699.99 and qualifies for free shipping with supersaver.
Eva

woodchipsltd
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
One and All ---

Thanks to everyone for the timely response and excellent advice. I've been more than just a little suspect of the CW/Sears connection. And I'll most definitely check out Amazon. Living in California and dealing with companies East of the Sierra Nevada mountains can be trying at times, especially with regards to customer service, although I have gotten positive feedback on LittleRedWoodShop.

Here's another question. Since this is the CarveWright forum, I'm wondering if someone in the company reviews these posts, and, more importantly, is doing anything about all of the negative feedback on Sears?

Eagle Hollow
05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
One and All ---

Thanks to everyone for the timely response and excellent advice. I've been more than just a little suspect of the CW/Sears connection. And I'll most definitely check out Amazon. Living in California and dealing with companies East of the Sierra Nevada mountains can be trying at times, especially with regards to customer service, although I have gotten positive feedback on LittleRedWoodShop.

Here's another question. Since this is the CarveWright forum, I'm wondering if someone in the company reviews these posts, and, more importantly, is doing anything about all of the negative feedback on Sears?

Sage advice...If you haven't dealt with Sear's for the Compucarve...Put them out of your mind. Any dealings between LHR and Sears, in my opinion will be excruciatingly slow just like Sears performance as documented on this forum.

Go with LittleRedWoodShop...He cares...He knows...He doesn't have to ask 27 bosses to jump!

Good luck and Happy carving...Soon?

Jerry

jonweis
05-21-2008, 05:48 PM
One and All ---

Strictly a personal opinion here but......
Probably 35-40 years ago almost all tool users depended on Sears for their products and even more their support. That is NOT the case today. All you have to do is to read the horror stories regarding the companies treatment of the Compucarve customers as witnessed on this forum. I don't think LHR did anything more than to market their products as best they could and most everyone who has had to deal with them directly can testify to is their un-waivering support for their machines both CC and CW models. My theory is that the bean counters at Sears figured they could make a bundle selling a extended plan that they would make a bundle of cash on and that's it ! Now it seems that a few machines now returned for service that are out of the mfr's warantee might possibly cut into their profits and therefore they simply return the machine saying it will be replaced as un repairable but the question is "when"? Sears is no longer your mom and pop's company we mostly all grew up with and it's really a sad comentary but I fear very true....

LittleRedWoodshop
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
In the shop today trying to finish up my Spring cleaning. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your positive feedback on my behalf. The truth is that I am very passionate about this product. It has truly changed my life.

But if I may speak on another matter, I would like to say that I am so passionate about this product that I quit my job at SEARS. It is hard to work for a company that you grew up believing was the best in the world. And watch them deal with customer service the way they currently do.

I will do everything within my power to make your experience with your CarveWright machine a positive one. We look at this as a TEAM environment and everyone is a winner.

Thank you all again, if you need anything don,t hesitate to call.

Azbear
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
In the shop today trying to finish up my Spring cleaning. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your positive feedback on my behalf. The truth is that I am very passionate about this product. It has truly changed my life.

But if I may speak on another matter, I would like to say that I am so passionate about this product that I quit my job at SEARS. It is hard to work for a company that you grew up believing was the best in the world. And watch them deal with customer service the way they currently do.

I will do everything within my power to make your experience with your CarveWright machine a positive one. We look at this as a TEAM environment and everyone is a winner.

Thank you all again, if you need anything don,t hesitate to call.

Any chance you know someone at the Sears Repair Center in Texas? Sears had my unit for about 2 months now. I had a due date of 24May08. Now I hear it's 06Jun08.

Covered under warranty. I offered to pay an expedite fee. No takers.

Dan-Woodman
05-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I hear that warrenty also covers the cost of a loner unit , but the catch is , you have to find someone willing to loan you there unit for a price.

later Daniel

gsrice
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey guys --

I have a new ritual now, every Friday I call SEARS national customer service line to find out whats going on -- been doing it the last 8 weeks -- talk to the service rep -- they tell me they will call me back with in 24 hours -- been 48 days so far waiting for some definitive answers--they haven't called back in the last month.

Quick question : has anyone had a machine successfully repaired at SEARS national yet ? I've seen in the forum a lot machines have been sent down, but never seen one with a positive outcome.

Hey Jason : Perhaps the Little Red Workshop could start "renting" out CW's -- then all us guys holding ext. warn. could get SEARS to pony up the money (which is in the contract), get a machine and do business with someone who cares.

Greg

LittleRedWoodshop
05-21-2008, 10:18 PM
So what does Sears pay for this rental...... sounds like this could be a win win for everyone but Sears.....

gsrice
05-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Contract just says it will pay for the rental of covered item --

Lady I talked to on the phone just said "reasonable" amount.

Greg

LittleRedWoodshop
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
If Sears pays to ship them back and forth then that sounds like something I might be able to work out. Paying $100 a week rental might encourage them to work faster at fixing them.

gsrice
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
I'd say more in the range of $25 - $30 a day would be more fair -- These gizmos require a whole lot of TLC -- What do you think ?

Greg

HighTechOkie
05-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I would like to get an idea of those people that would be in need of a rental machine currently. I am putting some numbers together to determine feasibility.

I would also like to hear from those people with more than 200hrs on their machine, as to what is their total repair costs and machine hours. I understand this will be a low figure compared to a machine put into a rental environment, but will establish a baseline to work from.

Thanks,
Rob

woodchipsltd
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Certainly understand and can appreciate everyones comments on Sears. It definitely is NOT our parents store anymore. Unfortunately customer service in just about everything I've seen since being back in the states has gone totally down hill. It's more like customer disservice!

I'm not sure when I'll be getting my machine but at least now I know that there are good all American folks out there who are ready willing and able to help out the new guy!

Thanks again everyone!

Dan-Woodman
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I for one would not be a happy camper if sears kept my machine for several weeks.
I would encourage anyone in this situation to look into renting a machine if you need it.
Sounds like another item for Little Red Woodshop to offer.

later Daniel

gsrice
05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Called the number on the Service Agreement to see what I would need to do to get a rental paid for --

According to the rep. they cannot authorize a rental because SEARS is not waiting on any parts to fix my machine -- if they had parts on order it would be OK -- but since there are not parts on order they can't -- So they told me to call the retail store --- round and round and round we go ---

Although I did get to new phone numbers to call

Customer Resolution -- Wendy at 402-334-3790

Bruce Johnson --in Hoffman Estates Ill. -- (847) 286-2500 -- this is the national corporate office