PDA

View Full Version : On to my next problem, crank shaft gears aren't working

amanda0101
02-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I feel like I am having more and more problems, I hope that I am just getting them out of the way early. Anyways, my crank shaft isn't working. I turned it and the spring seemed super loose to the point where it wasn't doing anything. I opened it up and the gears aren't hitting each other. Sorry I have so many questions, I am not too frustrated because I read that there were problems before I purchased. I just feel bad you guys have to keep helping me fix the darn thing.

Digitalwoodshop
02-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Amanda,

Are you in a cold location? A Cold machine will give you problems at about 50 degrees F.

Your machine needs to be warm to work correctly.

Any chance you cranked the head all the way up? It will click when trying to lower it. There is a hole on the right side jacking screw inside the machine. It is used to lower the head if this is the case.

Good Luck,

AL

amanda0101
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Amanda,

Are you in a cold location? A Cold machine will give you problems at about 50 degrees F.

Your machine needs to be warm to work correctly.

Any chance you cranked the head all the way up? It will click when trying to lower it. There is a hole on the right side jacking screw inside the machine. It is used to lower the head if this is the case.

Good Luck,

AL

I called LHR and after them telling me to send it back after being on the phone for an hour I found the problem. There were 2 washers that were with the spring which they said was normal but after being placed on hold I stuck a magnet all the way to the back of the of the hole that the crank goes into and found a broken washer that was stuck in there. Everything seems to be going smoothly now.