PDA

View Full Version : Two tips!!

The "DH"
02-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Hello Everyone,
Here are two tips, but I must warn you they are not for everyone!!! Do these at your own risk.
OK, I’ve been getting very frustrated with the board sensor error so I removed both trucks to get at the root of the problem (saw dust in the lens). Looking at the pieces I decided to seal the sensor (part 138) with silicone all the way around where the sensor touches the metal frame and the wire housing (part 125). So far it has been working better. 15hrs (5 projects) with no error 400!!!

The side tip is I found that tweaking the roller bearings (part 39) on both trucks has improved performance. Faster and smooth!!! You need a thin 12mm wrench and be careful because you could snap it off. Yes I did it on my 2nd machine. Anyway I hope this helps some of you out.
Happy carving

Digitalwoodshop
02-18-2008, 11:07 AM
There is a point of tightness for the bearings. This mean that the screw pivot point lets you turn the bearing to the max tightness and no more. Any further and it is loosening up.

With the 2 pivot bearings to max tightness your good. Too loose and things could go wrong.

AL

The "DH"
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
I understand, but somehow I managed to snap one off and I also think they don't come from the factory optimized!!! BTY I used your photos to get the job done. Thanks!!

Digitalwoodshop
02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
To prevent the snapping off you need to tighten the screw and bearing a few degrees short of the end position and use the wrench to tighten to the final tightness. If you guess wrong... Snap....

That's why I ordered extra screws.... The Learning curve....

AL

Edit pictures added

badger
02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Not exactly sure what area your referring to yet, but would it be possible to find out if using a type of torque wrench would be possible to find out exact pressure?