PDA

View Full Version : Scaning in landscapes

quakeholio
02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Hello, was talking with my dad about this today, what he wants is to take some images of landscapes and have them carved into some wood. He has talked about using images from google earth ???. I was thinking about a image from a digital camera. I've seen technology that can take a 2D image and put it into 3D in Simcity 4, but I have no idea if there is something like it out there.

Any help on this would be great. Don't have the machine yet, and it hinges on this sort of function.

TIMCOSBY
02-17-2008, 08:57 PM
try it out. it does so so on jpg pictures. yuo just can't get the depth like you can with high qaulity 3d patterns. do a search on here and you can see some carvings done with pictures the corian lithopanes are great.

Kenm810
02-19-2008, 03:55 PM
As Tim mentioned the trial software from CW is a good place to start

lviele
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello, was talking with my dad about this today, what he wants is to take some images of landscapes and have them carved into some wood. He has talked about using images from google earth ???. I was thinking about a image from a digital camera. I've seen technology that can take a 2D image and put it into 3D in Simcity 4, but I have no idea if there is something like it out there.

Any help on this would be great. Don't have the machine yet, and it hinges on this sort of function.

I did a carving of delicate arch in aeches NM I needed to use a photo editing feature to change the photo the game is to lighten the section you want to carve and darken the section you want to stand out. you can think of white is a carving tool the whiter the deeper the carving. A lone tree is a good subject a forest is not.without a photo editing program you will find it hard get a good carving.