PDA

View Full Version : Carving a rectangle region with arc's in corners

agriline
02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm sure there is a simple answer but how do you connect the lines after drawing a rectangle with inward arc's in each corner? You need continuous lines in order to create a carve region. It will create the carve region for the rectangle but will not include the arc in each corner. Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to learn this software.

DocWheeler
02-17-2008, 06:22 PM
agriline,

I had not needed this type of carving yet so your question tweaked my interest. Sure enough, I could not create a carve region by connecting line segments.

So, back to basics. Attached is A solution, there may be others.

Dyna Rider
02-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Doc

I liked you solution. But I was able to use carve region with connected lines. The attached file is a carved region with an outline shape similar to yours.

Bill

DocWheeler
02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Bill,

I tried and tried without success, that is why I went to plan B.
Thanks for assuring me that it can be done that way.

TIMCOSBY
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
at the end of the lines and drag them to the other dot on the end of the arc when a red x comes up release and they will connect. it has to be a closed figure to use carve region i think.

TIMCOSBY
02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
the objects you are trying to connect have to be selected by using ctrl pick. such as pick one item then hold down the ctrl button and pick another one so both are highlighted or however many you need to highlight.

Dan-Woodman
02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
The way Agriline worded it , it sounds like they wanted the arcs to go in, not out.
whish would be the opposite of what you guys have .
Thats just the way I read it.
later Daniel

jlitz
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
The way Agriline worded it , it sounds like they wanted the arcs to go in, not out.
whish would be the opposite of what you guys have .
Thats just the way I read it.
later Daniel

Either way, it can be done with connected lines & arcs.

agriline
02-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I need to study them some more but the question was answered. Yes Dan-Woodman was correct as I did have the arc's going in but as jlitz pointed out it doesn't make any difference as it works either way. I need to play with it some more and I appreciate the example designs being posted.