PDA

View Full Version : THANKS Jon Jantz

eromran
02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
This is one of the last projects i did, I just wanted to thank Jon for doing the pattern for me it was really appreciated. The guy i did it for said to tell you thanks also. The last picture if you can't really see is showing it at a angle so you can see were i flooded it with two part epoxy the same as you use on boats i had some left over from a canoe i made it worked out well i thought its almost 1/4 thick and did not loose hardly any detail as you do with polyurethane or such.The first two pictures already has the epoxy applied you just can't see it hardly.

Jon Jantz
02-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow.. turned out pretty nice! Glad I could help. I like your finish job you put on it, would like to see a couple more pics of it if you have any.

eromran
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow.. turned out pretty nice! Glad I could help. I like your finish job you put on it, would like to see a couple more pics of it if you have any.

Here are a few more its hard to get a picture without the glare showing up. I used the same finish i used on a canoe i built minus the fiberglass. The guy i made it for is going to have it added to their 2008 Roster who's members are quit large, to see if there would be any more interest in them. Then we will donate all the money to some related charity. Thanks again

oldjoe
02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Ed great looking projects. Hope you raise lots of money for the charities.
I am assuming that your avitar is a picture of a canoe you built. I have always wanted to build one but I bought a book on it and found out it takes lots of time and patience neither of which I have then after you do all that work I found out they are suppose to stay on top the water. My luck I would miss something and it wouldn't.
Keep the projects coming