PDA

View Full Version : opinions

jpaluck
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
which pnt do you guys think would carve better...the one on the right or the one on the left ? Don't want it to come out too "puffy". Tried a different version of this pnt and was too puffed up. I think the one on the left would come out ok but not sure. Too lazy to go to the HomeyD to get some mdf or foam. Any feedback would be great.

John

ChrisAlb
02-17-2008, 11:22 AM
A matter of taste but, I like it with the region depth at .400 the clown depth at .400 and the clown hieght at 500.

Any particular reason you have it all set to carve so deep .700?? Seems like a lot of extra hard work for the machine.

jpaluck
02-17-2008, 11:36 AM
no reason soo deep....thought the detail show up more...which clown do think looks better the one on the right or left?...Thought the one on the right looks too puffy.

Thanks

John

jpaluck
02-17-2008, 11:43 AM
chris

Like your settings better...still learning to play with depth and height

thanks

john

ChrisAlb
02-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Experimentation is the key to learning. And that's what we're all in here to do. I used to spend a lot of time adjusting depths and heights. Still do in some cases. I've learned to start with shallow settings and increase them gradually. The less the machine has to cut, the less ware & tare.

Nice Clown BTW.

jpaluck
02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
chris ...using your setting and messing around with depth and height, it seems doesn't matter which pnt is used. The depth and height take the puffyness out...am I right with this assumption?

ChrisAlb
02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Yep, you got it.

In fact I didn't see any difference between the two patterns. Didn't look real hard either. I just chose the one on the right to adjust things a bit. Is there a difference in the actual patterns?

jpaluck
02-17-2008, 12:13 PM
yeah 2 diff patterns...one on the right is "raw" and the one one the left was adjusted with brightness and contrast to help remove the puffness or raised effect..meant to smoothe curves more..

TIMCOSBY
02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
i was going crazy. i thought they were the same but the one on the right was higher and the hieght was less....now i know why. also another thin i discovered in corel photo if you resample the png and make it twice the size it seems to flatten the pattern quit a bit.

ChrisAlb
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Tim, that also works in the CW editor. If you increase the size it flattens the pattern as well. And also, in Corel, PSP etc. If you resize the pic using an increased DPI, it won't "flatten" the pattern but adds more pixels per inch and thus smooths it from the highest to lowest making it "appear" flatter.