PDA

View Full Version : Question on carving a region

zman
02-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I am working a project that is a circle. Inside the circle a 1/2 of so I want to put another circle and set it to carve the region so it is inlayed abit. When I try to add fonts inside the carved region they disappear when clicking on the whole project. If I click on the area the fonts were added they show back up. Maybe I am doing this wrong, is there a way to carve a region and add something to it showing all items in the project. I hope this makes since.

Thanks
Zman

hotpop
02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I sounds like you are trying to put "Centerline text" into a region. "Centerline" only carves into the surface of the board and on;y about 1/16" deep. You cannot set the depth or height of "Centerline" Only "Raster" or "Outline" text can be put into a region.

If you are using "Raster" or "Outline" try using the "Invert" button.

scw
02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
zman

take a look at your depth and height settings for your text, compared to the carved region you set it in, also try the "clip exclusive/inclusive" mode and or
the "merge" functions.

its a bit hard from your description to visualize what you have happening.
if you attached your project file, I'm certain we could help you solve it.

hotpop also makes a good point about Centerline text

ChrisAlb
02-17-2008, 10:35 AM
I am working a project that is a circle. Inside the circle a 1/2 of so I want to put another circle and set it to carve the region so it is inlayed abit. When I try to add fonts inside the carved region they disappear when clicking on the whole project. If I click on the area the fonts were added they show back up. Maybe I am doing this wrong, is there a way to carve a region and add something to it showing all items in the project. I hope this makes since.

Thanks
Zman

Hi Zman,

What version are you using? This is 3 circles with text in raster mode. The big circle is a region .5" deep, the bottom is .25" deep, and the top circle is .125" deep. If your inner circle is more than the outer one, things disappear.

hope this helps.

zman
02-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Version 1.126

Thanks for the Help it was the raster settings I needed to be in. The circle you sent me Chris cleared things up. Thanks You Very Much

Zman

ChrisAlb
02-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Glad to help Zman. SCW makes a good point too. Posting the MPC will let us see exactly what you're doing and enable us to provide more and or better suggestions.