PDA

View Full Version : Usage odometer

ChrisAlb
02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi All,

I'm about to call LHR to order a new board sensor. I bought my machine in August 07. I'm wondering if this should be a warrenty issue.

So before I call them, my qusetion is... How do they view the 200 hours on the machine?

Mine reads as of now...

Cut Motor = 101 hrs. 41 min.
Scanning = 61 hrs. 42 min.
Servoing = 171 hrs. 40 min.
Total on = 237 hrs. 17 min.

Which do they go by??
Oh, and also...anybody ( Al ... lol ) know what it costs for one?

forqnc
02-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I believe scanning time is not counted towards the 200 warranty hours.
Good Luck

Kenm810
02-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Chris,

The time on the Cut motor is what their most interested in. (Cut Motor = 101 hrs. 41 min)
It's been awhile since I ordered a board sensor, but I think it was around $15.00

Yep I found it 11-30-07 -- A2019Board Sensor Assembly $15.00

pkunk
02-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Cut motor is what counts.:)

ChrisAlb
02-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys,

Calling them now.....

newcarver
02-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Borad sensor is $15 plus $5 core charge wich is refunded after old one is recieved.

edcole
02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Chris,
Been doing alot of reading on this machine and was curious who has the maximum usage on there machine and if they are still glad they bought the machine. You seem to have quite a bit of time logged on yours. Seems like 50/50 mixture of people that love it to people that are disappointed. I have worked in the cnc metal cutting industry for over 20 years now and have a pretty good understanding of machinery. I think I have the knowledge that would help diagnose problems hopefully before the start or damage the machine too bad. I bought a woodmaster planer molder 2 years ago when quite a few people did not have good reviews on that machine but I love it and have had no problems with it as long as I spend time setting it up well and maintaine it.
Would you recommend this machine? How many projects do you think you have run through your machine?

Thanks,
Ed

ChrisAlb
02-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Chris,
Been doing alot of reading on this machine and was curious who has the maximum usage on there machine and if they are still glad they bought the machine. You seem to have quite a bit of time logged on yours. Seems like 50/50 mixture of people that love it to people that are disappointed. I have worked in the cnc metal cutting industry for over 20 years now and have a pretty good understanding of machinery. I think I have the knowledge that would help diagnose problems hopefully before the start or damage the machine too bad. I bought a woodmaster planer molder 2 years ago when quite a few people did not have good reviews on that machine but I love it and have had no problems with it as long as I spend time setting it up well and maintaine it.
Would you recommend this machine? How many projects do you think you have run through your machine?

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed and Welcome to the forum.

I have a fair amount of time on mine but not as much as others here. I would absolutely recommend the CW as I both love mine and have had very little problems with it. I have just over 165 cutting hours on it now. It runs "on average" about 30 to 40 hours a week. A good part of that time is scanning as well. I take very good care of it but I wouldn't say any more than any of my other tools.

It's good you have CNC experience but this a little different than most other CNC machines.

First, it's not an "industrial" machine but by my usage, I think you can see that with proper use, care and maintenance, it works very hard for me. Second, all the axis motors are coordinate based servo motors, no steppers. You can stop this machine mid stride (without powering down) and start it again and it will pick up right where it left off.

In a nutshell, as SOON as I can afford it, I'm getting a second one. No hesitation at all!

Hope that helps.

edcole
02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Now if I can just talk the wife into this!! I think I have used "I can make money with this" comment too much already. The other machines don't seem to make too much money.

ChrisAlb
02-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Chris,
Seems like 50/50 mixture of people that love it to people that are disappointed.

How many projects do you think you have run through your machine?

Thanks,
Ed

Oh yea, forgot these two...lol

On the 50/50... I truly wish that ALL CW owners were in this forum. With over I think it's now 14,000 owners. We have roughly 3014 members with roughly 776 "active" members. So what you read in here is a very small percentage of actual owners and I'd add to that, if you look closely, a lot of the same owners posting problems. Also, when things are good, people seldom write in to say so. When they go bad...well...you know.

How many projects...lol...honestly, I don't know. Probably over 100 with some being very small, some being average and a couple real whoppers.

oldjoe
02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Edcole try the you will like all the nice things I can make for you and for your family for presents, just think of the money we will save:rolleyes: ;)