PDA

View Full Version : Finally Made Something.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Finally made something worth showing. Nothing in comparison to some of the Carvewright veterans but thought i would share my breakthrough moment. Also thanks to the person that shared the hummingbird pattern, I implemented it and it made a nice country touch. This is centerline on ash with an 1/8 border and i used the 60 degree V-groove set to .375 on a .75 piece of ash for a nice edge route. I finished with tongue oil which still needs a couple coats.

Router-Jim
02-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Very nice, thanks for sharing that.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. :cool:

Jim

hotpop
02-14-2008, 09:58 PM
TwinPeaks,

Your fiest project looks great. You'll be a veteran in no time. Looked at your WEB site your facility is very impressive. I wish it was closer to me.

Keep up the good work.

The "DH"
02-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Well Done, looks very smooth and crisp on the lettering and carving.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I dont get much time on the carvewright due to the freezing weather here lately. It takes alot of firewood to get the shop up to temperature and takes about 3 hours but i got a ton of ideas and insight from the good folks such as yourselves. Hope to post more work in the future. I was just impressed with the ash quality carving it was actually from an ash tree that fell down close to the shop in the brutal ice storm of 2002 that swept through southern ohio and other parts. I look forward to trying out some more of it. I have used mostly poplar so it was awesome to see how crisp some of the hardwoods come out.

amanda0101
02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
The lettering is beautiful!

oldjoe
02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Good looking project simple with good clean lines got to love that machine.
Is there a warm front coming soon out there MN is going to hit 33 deg tomorrow now decission time Ice Fishing or Projects, so much to do so little time.

DocWheeler
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Is it Daniel?

Glad to see that you got some time to experience the GOOD part of CC ownership, nice project.
I had not visited your website until just now, you are a couple of hours away, I may have to drive your direction this summer after retiring!

mtylerfl
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Super-nice! Very classy.