PDA

View Full Version : Flexible Shaft Problem

WoodyMcSander
02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I was carving my fourth test project since I bought my machine. I went upstairs and when I came back down to see the finished project, the flexible shaft and flex shaft cover were detached from the cutting head sitting flat on the ground.

When I went to re-attach the flex shaft to the cutter assembly it just clicks on and pops back off. It doesn't seem like it wants to lock in place. I push it back down and it pops up. I did have a harder time than I thought it should be when I originally purchased the unit, but eventually (although temporarily) it stayed attached.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Dave-Carve
02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Not Sure But Sounds Like The Cable (Flex Shaft )is not Slidding into the Head ??
Do You Rotate the spindle while pushing cable in?? You should be able to feel the the Center cable (Flex Shaft ) Drop down in Should have some resistance when turning by Hand !!! ;) As It Drops down into the spindle ..

Just A Thought !!!

Also Make Sure the flexshaft is Going into Motor end ..Turn by Hand while sliding into case should feel resitance as it slids into motor,, Sounds like one end of flex shaft is not going into spindle or motor or Both ???... Good luck !!!

Kenm810
02-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Check to see if the retainer ball bearings are missing from the top hat assembly
that the flex shaft is supposed to snap into.
It was posted that standard sized .177 BBs are close enough to work in a pinch, but are not a permanent fix ,
they're held in place by the sleeve of spring steel around the upper part of the top hat.