PDA

View Full Version : Any clue why?

newcarver
02-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Does anyone have a clue why sears offers a service/replacement plan and LHR does not? Sears has given the compucarve owners an option, what about the carvewright owners? I have asked several times about this and have only received the answer "no, we do not offer an extended warranty".
Any insight would be appreciated...

rjustice
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
While this is only a guess, i would bet that it has a lot to do with it. When you think about it, an extended warranty is nothing more than an insurance policy. Sears has the volume of sales, and clout to "gamble" on the fact that they will sell enough volume in the warranties to cover the the number of returns they may have for service. LHR is a much smaller company, and probably dont want to risk the expense that they could incur from this...

My thoughts,

Ron

Jeff_Birt
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I still am not convinced that Sears actually does offer an extended warranty on the CompuCarve. Everybody that has inquired about it has been quoted a 'different' price, which would seem to indicate that everybody is buying a 'different' warranty. Coupled with the fact that nobody has actually had any extended warranty work done through Sears to prove that they will honor it makes me suspicious that no such extended warranty exists.

So, what would you rather have: a company that is honest and says no we don't offer an extended warranty, or a company that is glad to take your money for a warranty that is likely worthless? Which makes you feel better?

Don't get me wrong I love to shop at Sears. I just think folks are probably being sold some sort of generic extended warranty that Sears will eventually decide should not have been sold.

newcarver
02-14-2008, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=Jeff_Birt;43879]
So, what would you rather have: a company that is honest and says no we don't offer an extended warranty, or a company that is glad to take your money for a warranty that is likely worthless? Which makes you feel better?
QUOTE]
I would like to see both offer a warranty covering a machine that has known issues, loose/missing screws etc. If sears is lying to the customers and selling a bogus service plan, then their lawyers are going to be busy in the end, wich will have a definate impact on LHR. HavingLHR be honest with me and simply state "no, we do not offer this", and others having little faith in sears ability to even sell a worthwhile agreement, "I still am not convinced that Sears actually does offer an extended warranty on the CompuCarve." just does not put much hope or faith in a purchase.

And wich makes me feel better...
I guess time will tell considering my warranty is up..

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I dont know why which would offer either but i know one thing i got a written agreement here from sears for $250.00 and im glad i do. And on contrary to what others say, im pretty sure that agreement is going to be carried out for the duration of the agreement. I dont see a multimillion dollar company weasling their way out of an agreement. They have honored this agreement as they have before and with every piece of euipment i ever bought from them. I bought it for a reason its good to the last letter!

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Just dont see how someone can speculate on not honoring their word!

newcarver
02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
sears has always backed up my service plans also, while no owners have posted anything yet about having used the sears agreement, i would think if it were bogus, plenty of posts would follow...

Jeff_Birt
02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I hope Sears is genuinely selling an extended warranty, I was not not trying to imply they are attempting to be dishonest by being selling an agreement they did not intend to honor. Rather, with the vast difference in prices folks are getting for what ever extended warranty they bought, it would seem as though the person selling the agreement did not have a clue what the equipment actually was and found what seemed like the closest match to them and sold that. If Sears had an extended warranty for the machine would it not be the same price given the same number of years (and other terms)? I'm sure that Sears would either refund the price of the warranty or fix the machine.

Grunt
02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Good evening all,
On 2-6-2008, I exchanged my 2nd machine for new one and at that time I purchased the 5 year "Master Protection Agreement" from Sears for $299.99 that is supposed to cover "Anything and Everything", all I have to do is take it a Sears service center and they do the rest. I have not used it yet, but there will be a time I am sure and I will hold them fully to there word. Sears has always covered me on other items that I have bought and I do not think they will fail now.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Grunt

Dan-Woodman
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Did't Sears offer an extended warrenty quite some time back that they had to end up refunding peoples money because it turned out to be just a benchtop power tool warrenty.
I think it was for under $60.00 .
later Daniel

beachman
02-15-2008, 10:02 AM
runningi just got one from sears on my machine.it's a five year contract and costs 544.00 dollars,because my machine is already a year old.If you purchase the contract at the time you purchase your machine,it costs 299.00 dollars