PDA

View Full Version : Software/Pattern errors

mwildes
02-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I can't locate any similar problems with the search feature, so I hope someone here can help me. I purchased the #232_Santa.ptn from the Carvewright Pattern Store back in December. From the beginning, it has not been able to open. I've been on the phone 5 or 6 times with the Software folks, I've deleted and renamed files per their instruction, I'm updated to v. 1.126 and the problem persists with no resolution from Carvewright. It's been about a month since my last phone call, I've sent two emails, and now I'm just being ignored I guess.

I have three Macs: Two G4 towers and one G4 Powerbook, all running OSX. The problem is the same on any of the machines.

Here's the issue: If I click on the .ptn file and click "Open With: Carvewright 1.126", I get an error message "232_SANTA.ptn:Not a recognized Project File". If I have Designer open, and use the Pattern File to "Import" the new pattern, I get the message "232_SANTA.ptn is corrupted or not a recognized type". So, it will not open or import.

I have purchased one other pattern (Lovebirds) from them and it works perfectly. I have downloaded and tried the Skull Mount pattern and it works perfectly. All patterns downloaded from this Forum have worked perfectly until this last weekend.

I downloaded the KnobScroll.ptn and it gives me the same errors as the Santa pattern. So, has anyone else had any problems even close to this? Or am I the Lone Duck on the pond?

Any help, ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanx,
Marty

TIMCOSBY
02-14-2008, 02:52 PM
working and that one not i would reqeust a refund, delete it and try to purchase later and see what happens.