PDA

View Full Version : Is their a roughing Pass??

GaryV
02-14-2008, 08:09 AM
I have been fooling around with the software and have not found anything about assigning different tools or passes..
Does the program allow you to set up a roughing pass so you can cut out all of the excess material with a 1/4" bit then come back with your .125 carving bit to save time and wear on the machine?
I do see where you can assign and use differnt tools like a router bit then a finishing bit and it will stop and tell you when to change the bit but I am looking for a roughing pass.
THanks
Garyv

hotpop
02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
When you upload a program to the flash card you will have three choices for quality. Draft, Normal and Best.

TIMCOSBY
02-14-2008, 02:59 PM
and you wouldn't save that much wear and tear as the cut motor and flex shaft would have the same time on them. the only thing would be wear on the carving bit. these bits are end mills designed to cut metal they will last a long time and only cost 20-40 dollars.

Digitalwoodshop
02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
If you are carving and use best quality you can watch the Y go back and forth getting deeper then when it gets to the last pass you can see the head go noticeably slower on that finish pass.

AL