PDA

View Full Version : Up and Down Problem

jwhllh55
02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Has anyone had the up and down function get jammed? I can't go up or down now. Or is there a way to look inside to see if the gears or out of line?
If someone has an answer good, I plan on calling LHR tomorrow if I can't get it fixed on my own.

TIMCOSBY
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
all the way up there is a proceedure in the manual on getting it unstuck.

Dan-Woodman
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
If your referring to the head,it's probably a simple matter of you cranking it up too high.
On the back side ,away from the keypad, in the threaded rod that goes to the head theres a hole in it . Put a small allen wrench in it and turn, until it loosens up enough to crank.
This is further discussed in the owners manual also

Good luck Daniel

pkunk
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Has anyone had the up and down function get jammed? I can't go up or down now. Or is there a way to look inside to see if the gears or out of line?
If someone has an answer good, I plan on calling LHR tomorrow if I can't get it fixed on my own.
Is this what you're talking about? It's in your manual.

jwhllh55
02-13-2008, 10:00 PM
No, the head is mid way from the 3/4" from the sand paper belt and top.
I can't get the crank to move up or down. It's like the gears are jammed or out of sink.

hotpop
02-14-2008, 08:43 AM
My machine came back from LHR the same way. The head would not crank up. I assume it was bounced around to much during shipping.

The fix is easy. Loosen the bolts at the top of each corner post. Apply some dry lube to the shafts then you can crank the head up. Bring it near the top then retighten the four bolts.

Digitalwoodshop
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Could be sawdust jammed in the gears. When you use air to blow the chips from a project they naturally go down and find themselves great places to gather and gears and grease are a favorite place....

Remove your bottom and look at the gears on each side of the slot.

AL

jwhllh55
02-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Could be sawdust jammed in the gears. When you use air to blow the chips from a project they naturally go down and find themselves great places to gather and gears and grease are a favorite place....

Remove your bottom and look at the gears on each side of the slot.

AL

Ok, I have tried everything else, so I'll open the machine up and see if I can find the problem. Thanks,
John Hammett

jwhllh55
02-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Well, it took me all day to get it back together, but I have it fixed.
The front gear jump a cog and was out of alinment. The center gear needs a .0001 shim to keep it tight to the shaft. Once the shim was in place and the front panel was installed, the up and down action works great now, for how long, who knows..
Thanks everyone,
John Hammett