PDA

View Full Version : The Cut Path on the machine

Steinie
02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi; I'm thinking of buying the Carvewright or the Compucarve machine and I have downloaded the software. I have seen the videos and it looks very good to me. One question: Can someone explain, in some detail, how the Cut Path is done on the machine. I can't find any information or video on how it is done. :confused: Does the tool plunge down through or does it trace around the patteren in steps etc?:rolleyes: Thank You....... Steinie

Eagle Hollow
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Steinie,

Mine make seven passes cutting through a 3/4" board. For straight cuts I cut them with table saw or Power miter saw.

Jerry

fyrpuppy
02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Just think of an injet printer and this is pretty much how the cw cuts.

Dan-Woodman
02-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Like an ink jet printer is how it CARVES, how it CUTS is it follows the outline of the pattern in multiple steps, leaving tabs in the last couple of passes so the piece doesn't come loose from the board and get lodged somewhere in the machine. Usually about 5 -7 passes for a 3/4" board.
later Daniel

DigitalDave
02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
While we're on the subject, how does the machine do a cross cut without hitting the board tracking sensor or the guide plate? Also does the bevel cut do step cutting while moving the board? I haven't seen a discussion of these in the user guide other than that they can be done.

Thanks in advance for help.

DigitalDave
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
While we're on the subject of cutting, how does the machine do a cross cut without hitting the board tracking sensor or the guide plate? Also, is the bevel cut a multiple pass cut while moving the board? I haven't found a good discussion in the user manual other than they can be done.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

DigitalDave
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Sorry for the double post, I didn't see the first one show up.

hotpop
02-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Dave,

I'm not sure about your first question but as long as your board is 15" or less I don't think there should be a problem with hitting the guide plate.

Regarding the bevel cut, I assume you mean the edge route. It makes several passes usually about 1/16" deep on each pass.

DigitalDave
02-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the reply, HotPop. I was inquiring about the standard cuts, rip, cross cut, etc. that you can make from the machine's menu keypad, not using Designer software. Sorry my question was a bit vague.

Dave