PDA

View Full Version : I bit the bullet....

sweliver
02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
I pick up my new CC this morning. With lubing the flex shaft, skiing, final touches on the downdraft table, pre-carve adjustments, work, it's looking like tomorrow evening before I get to run a test carve....at the earliest. Maybe even Saturday.

Keep posting new tips and tricks because it seems the capabilities of the control logic is much greater than explained in the user's manual. Browsing through all your posts has helped me gain a little better understanding of the machine.

Can't wait to start cranking out some projects.

sw

oldjoe
02-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Good luck with your new toy I hope all goes well with it. Are you using the same lube on the flex shaft as on your skis? :rolleyes: And that four letter word you used (work) doesn't that just get in the way of everything I know it does with me.
Can hardly wait to see a project from you.

forqnc
02-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I pick up my new CC this morning. With lubing the flex shaft, skiing, final touches on the downdraft table, pre-carve adjustments, work, it's looking like tomorrow evening before I get to run a test carve....at the earliest. Maybe even Saturday.

sw

We can see where your priority's lie....
:p

Good Luck with the machine and remember, we all like to look at the pictues of work done.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Alright "sweliver" welcome to the carving community. I got to comend you on how you discussed getting all your maintenance issues taken care of first and the downdraft table and all that. The forum is definately beneficial. My mistake was i got anxious and wanted to jump in with both feet without first getting some advice, it was later on that i discovered the forum. So happy carving and look forward to seeing some projects.

sweliver
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I haven't figured out how to do multiple quotes yet.

OldJoe.....this lube sounds like nasty stuff so I won't be trailing it through the b/c of Iowa. That four letter word will be history in 3 years...I retire from the fire dept. after 31 years.

forqnc...my first few carves you all have seen, don't know which ones yet but they're designs from this board. Priorities, what can I say....get off work, pick up the CC, get it half way set up, go play, come home and play with the machine. The machine will probably creep further up the priority list...but it's play too.

twinpeaks...I can honestly say that this is the first purchase I'm heeding all advice before using. There's a lot of info that's not documented in the manual and not obvious, like the squaring plate. It looks like a bracket with a couple things attached with no obvious use that gets in the way of the wood.
The outfeed tables are out way out of adjustment. There's also a lot of negative feedback that makes this look like a gamble. I'm hoping not.

I'll post my new carves as they happen.

Happy Carving,

Steve

forqnc
02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't figured out how to do multiple quotes yet.

Steve

Steve for Multiple quotes click the "+ button (next to quotes Button)for everybody's post who you wish to quote.

oldjoe
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
That four letter word will be history in 3 years...I retire from the fire dept. after 31 years.
Steve, congradulations on the up coming retirment.