PDA

View Full Version : Back to scanning probe

myshop1044
02-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I have used the same file from a scan and found the surface was very pitted when I completed the carvings. at first I thought it was the wood(cypress and poplar) then I look back at the scan file up close and saw the file was pitted too. Is this caused by the probe it self.
I am not able to attach the scan file at this time seems I have bad file name ext.

help

Cmdr.Rav
02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow I don't have a probe, but it seems it is very accurate picking up the pitting also! Sorry it happen to you I don't like wasting wood myself. I am just surprised how sensitive the probe really is. Maybe I should buy one I never have been interested before. It seems to be a good asset to the machine.

Next step convince the boss, yes the wife!

Rav

jwhllh55
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I have used the same file from a scan and found the surface was very pitted when I completed the carvings. at first I thought it was the wood(cypress and poplar) then I look back at the scan file up close and saw the file was pitted too. Is this caused by the probe it self.
I am not able to attach the scan file at this time seems I have bad file name ext.

help

I scanned a cow and the craving was pitted too. But the cow I scanned had a lot of detail, and there were lines where the color changed. When I editted the project I used the blur a little and took out the pits. and the craving came out much better. I would try "blur" and "smooth" and see what happens then.
John Hammett

GaryV
02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
OK-
how-did-you-get-the-cow-to-lay-on-the-scanner?:D

TIMCOSBY
02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
i was planning on scanning a fish and figured i would freeze it then scan. just don't know how he got the cow in the freezer unless it was one of those genetic mutants they are comming up with shaped like a hamburger???????

myshop1044
02-14-2008, 02:56 PM
All this is in good fun, but it does not solve my problem.
I read some where on the forum that some one used a tip of a model glue tube it looks like it would work, but around here they don't even sell the models any more at all, so therefore no model glue.
Does any body have a trick or is the probe useless??????

TIMCOSBY
02-14-2008, 03:36 PM
you can upload it then. if the pitting is in the scan then it has to be on the model too or the probe would not have picked it up. is it a real small peice you are scanning. the plastic model glue tip is for protecting the model from damage from the sharp metal tip. i haven;t noticed and diif in the scans using the tip or not other than the protection fro the models.

myshop1044
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I picked this model at lowes and it was very smooth. It was one of those standard glue on types. I have another one I am going to try later on today.