PDA

View Full Version : More & More Impressed

ChrisAlb
02-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I have to say the more I use my CW, the more impressed I am with it. Started a 13 hour carve this morning at roughly 8:00. It will have about another 2 hour (I'm guessing here) cut out when the carving is done. It's about 70% done on the carve and it's just a humming along.

What a cool machine!!

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Thats awesome chris! Wow and i hought my hour long carvings were long. Is 13 the max you done in one setting? Have you seen anything longr than that? Would be interesting to know whos got the longest hours on a one piece carving. 13 is pretty inpressive. Makes me see the machine in a new light. Keep up the good work .

mtylerfl
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I have to say the more I use my CW, the more impressed I am with it. Started a 13 hour carve this morning at roughly 8:00. It will have about another 2 hour (I'm guessing here) cut out when the carving is done. It's about 70% done on the carve and it's just a humming along.

What a cool machine!!

Wow, Christopher! That is turning out REAL NICE!

(My longest duration carve to date is about 5.5 hours)

ChrisAlb
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes this is by FAR the longest I've ever done and I have to say I was a nervous wreck when about to hit GO...lol Before this my longest one was roughly 3 hours. Not only am I impressed with it's performance but the detail is just killing me...lol

I spent a very long time doing the artwork so it would be just right but the real credit is in the machine!!!

My customer is beside himself with awe and just can't wait to get it. I'm hoping to ship it over night at some point tomorrow after the hand finishing is done.

DrBob
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Kudos Chris!! Go Chris Go!!!

looks awesome! hope I never have to run the machine that long..lol...though yours worked good running that long...my luck...mine won't...lol....

DocWheeler
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Chris,

That is indeed awesome!
I'm also impressed with the "work-bench" under the project, are you carving this on the diningroom table?

ChrisAlb
02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Yea Michael I couldn't be happier with it. Here's a one section test I did yesterday. This is a 6 section final product. 6' - 6" long by 8" tall on 3/4 Poplar. With good artwork and in best mode, there's hardly anything to finish by hand. He wants to paint it white like the real Yankee Facade so it's really just clean out the cutouts, a little sanding and I'm drilling the holes...much faster...lol

That's funny Doc... why yes, it IS the dinning room table although now it's in the basement. A little teak project of mine from about 15 or so years ago....lol.

this test cut is raw from the CW

mtylerfl
02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes this is by FAR the longest I've ever done and I have to say I was a nervous wreck when about to hit GO...lol Before this my longest one was roughly 3 hours. Not only am I impressed with it's performance but the detail is just killing me...lol

I spent a very long time doing the artwork so it would be just right but the real credit is in the machine!!!

My customer is beside himself with awe and just can't wait to get it. I'm hoping to ship it over night at some point tomorrow after the hand finishing is done.

Christopher,

Yes, the detail the machine can do is really amazing. I created the 5-piece multi-layered Victorian House project that is included with every CarveWright machine sold through WoodCraft. When I carved the first one for testing, I was absolutely amazed at how it rendered all the details, just like I wanted! http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20437&mode=details#tabs

I love my machines!

Kenm810
02-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Bravo Chris, a loud Brovo,

A very impressive job on a very impressive project, Bravo http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif

ChrisAlb
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the very kind words. I must admit, at the risk of sounding immodest, I'm pretty proud of this one. I got into carpentry when I was 14 because I just love it!! Self employed at 15. This makes me feel like a kid again.

What fun!! :D

TonyToolman
02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for sharing. That is fantastic! I hope I can get to the point that I can do just half as good. How many hour do you have on the machine so far?

ChrisAlb
02-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for sharing. That is fantastic! I hope I can get to the point that I can do just half as good. How many hour do you have on the machine so far?

Thank you,
Working on about 160+ now Won't know for sure till the cut outs are done in about 2 hours or so.

Kenny
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
What a piece of work. You should be very proud.

Kenny

ChrisAlb
02-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Christopher,

Yes, the detail the machine can do is really amazing. I created the 5-piece multi-layered Victorian House project that is included with every CarveWright machine sold through WoodCraft. When I carved the first one for testing, I was absolutely amazed at how it rendered all the details, just like I wanted! http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20437&mode=details#tabs

I love my machines!

Michael, Michael, Michael, I just visited your site for the first time and I'm humbled and in absolute AWE of your Victorian creation. I can only imagine how much time you spent designing that but however long it took, it was more than well worth it. I bow to the GRAND MASTER!!

Chris

The "DH"
02-13-2008, 06:27 AM
Chris excellent work!!! 13 hours WOW!! I thought my 5 hour job was long.

Michael what can I say! That is amazing….. I have some homework to do now, thanks for showing more of the possibilities.

ChrisAlb
02-13-2008, 06:36 AM
Chris excellent work!!! 13 hours WOW!! I thought my 5 hour job was long.

Thanks DH,

Actually turned out to be 14.75 hours and ended at 11:45 last night. There was a casualty however (sigh). My CW coughed up it's sensor diodes but fortunately didn't need them to finish the cut outs. I'll post pictures of the finished 6 section 6' - 6" facade when I'm done with the hand work.

forqnc
02-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Curious Chris, was that 14.75 hours non-stop or did you stop for cleaning and allowing the flex shaft to cool?
Very impresive regardless, once again the bar has been raised.

ChrisAlb
02-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Curious Chris, was that 14.75 hours non-stop or did you stop for cleaning and allowing the flex shaft to cool?
Very impresive regardless, once again the bar has been raised.

Thank you,

I have no dust collection so I stop it about every 15 or 20 minutes to vacuum it clean. Takes maybe a minute. The flex shaft never got more than luke warm and never has. But you can be sure that before I started this, I went over EVERYTHING in the CW and I was still a nervous wreck when about to hit GO..lol

Couldn't for-see it coughing up the diodes but my thinking is that a chip or chips thrown by the bit was the culprit there. Just a guess at this point.

mtylerfl
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Michael, Michael, Michael, I just visited your site for the first time and I'm humbled and in absolute AWE of your Victorian creation. I can only imagine how much time you spent designing that but however long it took, it was more than well worth it. I bow to the GRAND MASTER!!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Now, now, let's not overdo it!!:D:D:D

Thanks for the compliment though! If anyone can appreciate the effort required it is certainly you, what with the fine work you are doing yourself.

The Victorian took approximately 50 hours to create - it was pretty intense. I had to go on a cruise to recover!

ChrisAlb
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi Chris,

Now, now, let's not overdo it!!:D:D:D

Thanks for the compliment though! If anyone can appreciate the effort required it is certainly you, what with the fine work you are doing yourself.

The Victorian took approximately 50 hours to create - it was pretty intense. I had to go on a cruise to recover!

A little too much?? ...lol Actually, I don't think so. But I'll tell you what then, let's collaborate on one, make something really spectacular and afterward, you can take ME on a cruise to recover...lol

After waking up this morning to being buried in 6 inches of ice, I could use a warmer climate. Never been on a cruise, or vacation....hint hint...I'll just tell the wife it's a "business" trip...lol yea, right!