PDA

View Full Version : Core Charge

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Ordered 2 Board Sensors today and found that the board sensors now have a $5.00 core charge. Plus the Power Supply and Cut Motor also have one.

Save the parts... They need to go back.

AL

newcarver
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
So if i want to order extra parts, for an out of warranty machine to avoid downtime, i have to pay extra? So if a board sensor is say $5(rough guess) i'll pay $10 for a part to have on hand, sitting on a core charge. Will these "new parts" be in fact new? Or simply refurbished parts sold as new? Is this why i had so many issues in the first place? Was i being sold fixed or refurbished parts?

Bones1963
02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I had problems with the cover sensors on my machine I was able to find both sensors a Radioshack for 2.99 and they look the same and work better than the old ones. The screw holes even line up. The salesman said he though he could order the board sensor. Was having problems with it but took that cheap plastic cover off and works great CW sent me a new sensor under warranty but the first one is still working great so I have a backup if they go I'm going to Radioshack. I am sure most of the parts on the machine are not made just for the cw but have other applications. It could not be sold as cheap as it is if all parts were made just for cw not even paying china help 1 dollar a day the middle man has to get his cut.

Dave-Carve
02-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Ordered Board Sensor Monday AM
"Texas Time"
Had to pay a 5.oo Core .. Or Send mine in and they would send the new one out when received !!! Also would reimburse $5. Core if I Sent Mine Back to Them ???

This is my first time talking to LHR, Pretty Impressed .Had to go thru all the Preliminary Bull first,, But Lost Call when Tech put me on hold !!!!So Called Right Back (REDIAL) First ring Picked Up !!! Got New tech, Said Manager had to approve ???? Talked me Into a FREE UPGRADE Z PACK 309 or 509 Or Some kinda Number??? Paid $48.00 Overnite.Sales Person said Its In the Mail !!! But Tech said It Had to Ok With Manager??? Could take up to 5Days for approval from Manager QC I Guess ???
Customer service was Great , But I'm Confused as to should I Receive Pkg (today Tuesday,I Didn't) Or did I Pay For Overnight In 5 days When Approved??? Sales Lady told me "Its In The Mail And I Wouldn't Have to Wait for Manager Approval" ????? CONFUSED

Should I Call Back NEED MACHINE !!!!!!!

Bones1963
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't know about LHR but they use the same shipping as many companies. Everytime I use overnight I have problems the package gets lost or someone didn't ship it. I once order several things from amazon one I need over night so had it overnighted the regular shipping got to me before the overnight infact they had to resend the overnight item and after all my purchases arrived the first overnight finally came about 3 weeks for overnight. My advise if you can use the standard shipping. Remember the people that package that stuff do not have to be doctors to have that job. It's like going to McDonalds and ordering a Hambug. with no pickles or onions 75 percent of the time it will be wrong (try it you will see) People in those jobs are not paid to think just do the work the stardard way. (Standard is best)
I hope you don't think I am dogging on low paid workers I think a lot of them are very smart, but if I was making those wages I wouldn't give a $@#& either.

reckless49
02-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Hay thay sent my parts to New York annd I live in California. Only took 3 extra weeks to get a Power supply Board :D

Semper Fi
02-13-2008, 07:10 AM
In defense of LHR, I think the core charge is a step in the right direction. I suggested that long ago when I had to send my cut motor back before they would send me out a new one. That process cost me another week of down time. I would have gladly paid the core charge to have gotten the new motor on its was to me sooner. I guess it's all in how you look at it........ if you go to the auto parts store for a water pump or alternator, you kinda expect to be charged a core charge. But change is always change, isn't it?

forqnc
02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
I agree Semper Fi, as a hobbyist I can afford to choose to send in my part and wait for the new one without core, or pay the extra up front to get it sooner. If I was running a business then is it better to have money sitting on the shelf to save money during downtime, or eat the cost when I need a part, and pay a core to get it sooner and be back up and running.
I had a problem with a QC and while talking to LHR they said they where having problems sending out replacements because people where not returning the bad parts.

Edit to add, how many parts where being/still are sold on Ebay?

Jeff_Birt
02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Edit to add, how many parts where being/still are sold on Ebay?

Yeah, I have noticed that too .

I have to agree that while it may seem like a PITA at first I can see many advantages that are ultimately good for us as machine owners. First being that it helps prevent the EBay scammers, second it puts the bad parts back in the hands of the manufacturer for evaluation. Third, if I have a choice of buying a refurbished cut motor some day and save some money compared to a new one, then great.