PDA

View Full Version : Listen To The Moderators

Dave Boland
02-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I Posted A Problem SOLVING IDEA About Centerline Text In Carved Region That Was Not Accurate. I Feel Rather Stupid Now And Have Made My Last Post. Hope This Did No Harm To Anyone Except Me. Been Great Dave

DocWheeler
02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Dave,

Don't run off because of an error, be glad for the learning experience.
You never know what you may have helped someone else with because of what you have done!

mtylerfl
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I Posted A Problem SOLVING IDEA About Centerline Text In Carved Region That Was Not Accurate. I Feel Rather Stupid Now And Have Made My Last Post. Hope This Did No Harm To Anyone Except Me. Been Great Dave

Hello Dave,

No one has a problem with anyone making a mistake every now and then. Keep hangin' around (and keep posting) with us, will you?

ChrisAlb
02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Dave, hang with us. I agree with Doc and Michael, we've all had our "whoops" posts...lol You aren't the first and you won't be the last. I've made a few blunders myself and I'm sure I will again!!

What's that they say about falling off the horse?? Time to RIDE!!

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Dont get frustrated with it Dave. Its a complicated process and im sure everyones feedback is questionable at somepoint. Its all trial and error. Not everyone here has all the answers. Your input is as valuable as the next persons. hang in there.

forqnc
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree with the rest Dave, don't leave because of a mistake.

I have an infraction against me for a (what I thought :rolleyes:) was a light hearted and sarcastic post, offense was taken and I got reported, I have no problem with the mods and how it was handled. I goofed, the written word is not always taken the same as if it was heard.
Stick Around.

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Well it comes down to the percentage of the time that you are correct..... I too posted a few theories that were later found to be WRONG.... I was wrong about the Z encoder being in the plastic gear box and getting contaminated.... Missed that one by about 3 inches.... The encoder is on the other end of the Z Motor as seen in the many times I have posted the pictures of it.... I was wrong and came back.... There are at least 2 other things I was wrong on but with over 1000 posts.... It all comes down to the percentage of the time that you are right....

Please don't go away.... Putting Centerline Text in a recess area is a topic that I would love to see solved... Yes the bit could hit the rim of the recessed area if you lie to the machine and tell it that the board is thinner than it is......

Hopefully someday the LHR Software GOD's will write some code and give you the option to engrave safely in a recess.... Like the scan probe you define the areas.... It is possible just needs to get to the top of the Software guy's list...

AL

luv2smellnitro
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Dave these guys are right. I haven't bought my cw machine "yet" but I have learned a lot in the meantime by reading these posts. No one is right 100% of the time. But you learn from your mistakes and pick up and go on. Besides if you never make mistakes you are not doing anything. This is a great community and there is a lot to be learned from everyone here including yourself. Woodworkers are a great bunch of people and are rarely stingy with their knowledge and that is one of the things I love about it. So keep posting, keep thinking and asking questions.

To the rest of you guys thank you for all of your input and support not only to my questions but to everyone else's because I read them to. Lord knows I need all the help I can get :)