PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Pattern Problem

Ivanq
02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I bought a pattern from CarveWright for a project for a church. When I tested the carving I got a strange set of random small raised peaks in an almost straight vertical line. These peaks have a very small width but extend to the surface of the carve. These peaks seem like black dots in the pattern. At first I thought it was just an one time error so I ran the test again. Same result. Funny thing is the peaks do not show up in the design software. I could just sand the peaks off but I need to set the height to 400 or so and because the peaks go to the height of the board I can’t do this.

Because I can’t edit the pattern I can’t really look at the image and, as far as I know, I can’t upload to the forum so members can look at it.

The pattern is the Scroll SKU 0002-01-0000570
I haven’t had this problem with any other pattern so I would guess it is something in this pattern.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Cliff in Roswell

Jeff_Birt
02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
If you purchased the pattern from the CW store than you can upload the whole project here without worries. Other folks will be able to look at it in Designer but not carve it.

Without seeing the pattern I might guess that it has some 'see through' areas in it. If so you need to create an outline path around it and make the outline a carve region of the same depth of your pattern. Then merge the two with an additive merge. This basically erases the area under your pattern and then adds the pattern to it.

Dyna Rider
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi Cliff

You could try playing with the Bit Optimization tool. It’s located under the Carving Menu. Click on the pattern so it becomes selected, select the Carving Menu, Click on Bit Optimization tool. A blue box will be around the optimization icon that is associated with the selected pattern. I’m not quite sure how it works, but from what I’ve read it changes the width between raster lines (path the bit travels).

You may also want to send them a e-mail.

Bill