PDA

View Full Version : Power Fluctuation Error

GKWalker
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
We purchased the Carve Wright system at the Woodworking Show in St Louis this weekend (Saturday) and this morning set the machine up to try it. We went thru the design and made a sample to try out on the machine. It (the machine) took us thru the setup procedures installing each needed bit, and when was just starting to carve, the motor had only just touched the wood it comes up with a Power Fluctuation Error. I have tried this a number of times and checked all the connections that I can get to on the machine and still have the same results. It is on its own circuit, and I have checked the incomming power and there are no fluctuations that can be seen. After reading on the CarveWright Website I found that this is not an isolated problem. Please let me know what route I need to take from here.

DocWheeler
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
GK,

Connections sometimes break in shipping, check the coils in the power supply.
If you can not determine the cause of the problem, call LHR tomorrow.

jstone
02-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Same thing happened to me. I did some forum surfing on the subject. Also, called LHR. I am in Canada and sending anything back is a major headache. Was told to check a couple of voltages on power supply board. As soon as I had access to the power supply board I could see the problem. The L3 coil was broke on one side where it attached to the board. I had read on the forums about resoldering it and putting some hot melt glue around it for better support. Fixed the error and been A1 ever since. Saved sending it back!!!

Digitalwoodshop
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Here are some pictures....

AL