PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Software

zman
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
What is the scoop on Centerline software. Is it worth the price and what exactly will it do.

Zman

Kenm810
02-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi zman,

Centerline is a way to carve text that many professional Sign Makers use in making their products.
It is offered for sale through the CarveWright Store.
It's already in your designer software; if you decide to purchase it, CarveWright will call or Email you the code to open it in your software.
You will be instructed how to register it on only one computer at that time.
If you want it on more the one computer I believe you will have to purchase another license to register it.

There are applications for all three types of Text Font carving methods,
I personally found that the addition of Centerline Text to my Designer Software has well been worth the investment

Mikewiz
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey Zman,

I feel centerline text is worth the $100. Your text is more proffesional looking. Here is a project that I made for my father for his bussiness.

Kenm810
02-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Mikewiz,

A really neat looking sign
Nice layout and design concept
I wish I had this machine
Back when I did custom cabinetry

Great Job http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gifhttp://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

zman
02-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks Everyone !! The 2 carvings helped in visually seeing the difference. Very nice sign Mike

Zman

Dan-Woodman
02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
ZMAN
Centerline is fasinating to watch,it is very detail oriented. Depending on the font you select,some it will be going straight and then go up in the corners to square them up.
It's like you could do with a plunge router but a lot more accurate.
later Daniel

jhennessey
02-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I purchased Centerline on line, received the access code and entered it in the manage software function. My system now shows Centerline when I call up my license but I can;t see how to use it. There doesn't seem to be an icon for it, there isn't a way to open Centerline in any of the index markers.

Probably a bonehead issue but can anyone help?

Mikewiz
02-24-2008, 04:10 PM
When you go into the text section you see raster, outline and now there should be centerline to use it it's the same as before just check the box for centerline. Hope this helps!

Mike

www.go3d.us
02-24-2008, 06:25 PM
So how does the machine carve centerline text? Is it the same way it carving a pattern? or the board move according to the bit.
HT

pkunk
02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Centerline is vector carving, not raster. You need either a 60° or 90° bit and it follows the centerline of the font letters.

oldjoe
02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
No the computer generates a tool path for each letter and runs it similar to a vector cut its faster than raster but can be slower than outline depending on the text you choose. You cannot control the depth like you can with raster or outline with out some playing around but its a great addition to have.
In fact its fun to watch it cut because it will start a letter go onto another letter or two then come back and finish the letter it started earlier.
Good Luck I hope this helps.

Darn Paul you beat me again . I have to learn where all the keys are on this Keyboard

TerryT
02-24-2008, 06:39 PM
In a work, Yes. If the machine is worth almost $2000 then centerline is well worth $100. I use it almost exclusively.

www.go3d.us
02-24-2008, 07:56 PM
What I mean is, when the machine carve centerline text does it do it like inkjet style (like carving normal pattern) or does it move in a special different way?
Thanks
HT

DocWheeler
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
You will have to see it to believe it!

pkunk
02-24-2008, 09:09 PM
What I mean is, when the machine carve centerline text does it do it like inkjet style (like carving normal pattern) or does it move in a special different way?
Thanks
HT
Not like carving at all. The v-groove bit follows the center of the letter/font like you would with a pencil.

newby2
02-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Being a CNC machinist, I was amazed to see that the CarveWright actually actually goes into full 3 axis motion when engraving. This machine is extreemly advanced as it is a true CNC machine
I did purchase the centerline text option and was flabbergasted to see it route the word "the" on an incline!
My hat's off the the CarveWright team and LHR! The centerline option is well worth the money!

Dan-Woodman
02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
HT
Use a 60 deg. bit for small text and a 90 deg v-bit for larger text. If you use the 60 deg. bit on text that is very big, it seems that it goes pretty deep . The 90 deg. bit will make several passes on fancy lettering like Old English taking very small cuts at a time.
It seems the initial plunge is rather deep , but after that it really takes it's time and cleens up the edges and goes into corners squaring them up and widening the main stroke of the letter.
It really is fasinating to watch.
later Daniel

www.go3d.us
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks, I understand how it work now.
HT