PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

jpaluck
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I want to order the scanning probe. I got my machine from sears. Can I get it from Carvewright or do I have to get it from sears? I know Sears will have it in 2 days. Carvewright not sure. Sears is 30 bucks more.

Thanks

John

Jeff_Birt
02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
It's the same probe. If your machine has the new style Z-pack it hooks up to a different place in the machine and it will require an adapter cable. I'm not sure if the Sears unit will have the adapter with it or not.

jpaluck
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Bought my machine right after this past xmas..so not sure about the the z-pack

bjbethke
02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
The old Z pack has a jack to plug in the probe
The new Z pack does not have a probe jack. The connector is on the inside upper right hand corner of the cabinet (control Panel Side) you need a cable to make this connection.

bjbethke
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
No question is ever is ever dumb. You only make it dumb if you do not ask the question.

gtj44
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I just bought scanner and am trying to find the connector. Is the connector different than what is pictured on Carvewright's web site? I see a flat type of connector on the inside upper right of the machine that bjbethke describes. If that's it, is Carvewright supplying the adapter, I hope so because they don't advertise as needing one. Anyone have insight on this? Thanks in advance.

dougmsbbs
03-17-2008, 12:03 AM
You can call LHR and tell them they didn't send the cable. They'll send you one.